Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there any diagnostic tools on zorin?

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Migs123 
#1 · (Edited)
Are there any diagnostic tools on zorin? For testing hard drives, memory etc? If not, what distribution of linux does? I just think zorin is so cool. ThanksAre there any diagnostic tools on zorin? And also if there is a distribution of linux that is like zorin that would be great..
thanks

#2 ·
you can do a search in the software manager and see if there are any specific diagnostic utilities for zorin. however since most are run from a bootable disk, no operating system is needed.

#4 ·
I repeat, you can download diagnostic utilities to run from a disk. It does not require any operating system because it is running from a disk. Once such diagnostic utility is seatools for dos. IT WILL diagnose your actual harddrive.

the following will test your memory

4 Free Memory Test Programs (Updated December 2014)

You may also be able to run tests from your bios without downloading anything.

#9 ·
Diagnostic tools on linux

Ok. I think there is a miscommunication. The reason why I wanted to find some diagnostic tools in linux, for diagnosing my hard drive or other things was because I am trying to learn linux. I hear there are many tools that you can run in linux to help fix computers. I am running linux mint through a flash drive for now. So I don't have a "linux computer" but I am using the "linux" operating system.
I am very interested in learning linux. It seems very cool. I am looking for software programs in the software manager program, but I can't find any utilities or diagnostic programs.
You told me about Seatools, and Bios, and I am not interested in that. I am interesting in learning the linux operating system.
I would appreciate it if you don't have anything to say on this to not yell at me for I am just a beginner and trying a new operating system.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.