Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Win 98 & ME Support

Problem printing - continuallys asks to save document before printing

This is a discussion on Problem printing - continuallys asks to save document before printing within the Win 98 & ME Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My mom-in-law is having problems with her computer and I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to help out

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

My mom-in-law is having problems with her computer and I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to help out over the phone, so don't have the computer in front of me, but I'll try to convey the problem.

Anyway, she says that when she tries to print a word document or any other document, the program asks her to save the document, which she does and then she tries to print again. It again asks her to save the document, and the process continues in this manner. She has tried to restart, but doesn't help.

She is running Windows ME.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Go into the printers applet in the Control Panel. Check to see if the default printer is a "Print to File" object. If so, change it to the actual printer.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP SP2 DOS network printing problem
I have an interesting problem, I think I know what it is but not how to fix it. Here's an example of a customers setup: DOS based Point of Sale software, using the netbeui protocol to communicate to a file server program. Peer to Peer network of XP Pro SP2 workstations. Both stations use...
JoeFrat Networking Support 4 06-25-2009 11:32 AM
MS Word merged document problem
I am merging a word document with Access data. My word document is actually 3/4 documents. I save it as a normal word document. If I print entire document, it prints fine. If I print just a few select pages, I get page break marks ---------- page break------- throughout. It does not show on...
Scarr10462 Microsoft Office support 1 11-05-2004 11:14 AM
New Document problem w/ ms word 2000
Whenever I bring up a new document page I get the same old document which I have to delete before I can continue. This condition suddenly happened with no apparent cause or action on my part. How can I change this and prevent it happening again?
eeegee Microsoft Office support 0 10-25-2004 11:12 AM
M$ being M$
from a great site...get the newsletters if you dont... http://www.woodyswatch.com WINDOWS HECKLER This weeks Windows Watch comes from a popular, but recently silent, Woody's Watch contributor the relentless and feared YODA (Your Office Devil's Advocate - not relation to that other character)....
Doonz Offline 2 09-24-2002 03:38 PM
[SOLVED] Windows/Office 2000 printing problem
I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has run into this problem before. I have a user within my company who has a Compaq Armada M700 laptop, running window 2000 professional, and office 2000. Whenever she goes to print a Word or Excel document with a link in it, it will reboot her...
Unregistered Windows Servers 1 03-02-2002 01:48 PM