Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Win 98 & ME Support

ntfs drive for win 98

This is a discussion on ntfs drive for win 98 within the Win 98 & ME Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i am wondering if there is a NTFS driver that i can use for windows 98. it is for

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, i am wondering if there is a NTFS driver that i can use for windows 98. it is for a hard drive off of a windows XP computer but i don't want to reformat it since i want the files off of it but i have no other way to get to them expect with a old windows 98 computer i have.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Visiting Expert

Hi Snoopdogie187

There's a utility that allows you to read & to copy NTFS from DOS, or from a "DOS box" running within Windows 98. The utility is called NTFS Reader for DOS. It's current home is over at ntfs.com --- http://www.ntfs.com/products.htm --- scroll down a bit on that webpage to see the info for the NTFS Reader.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
second hard drive?
i want to add a second hard drive to the computer i already have, i do not want an external hard drive as i need to move the computer around once in a while and also i live in a dorm and that could be too easy to steal. i have noticed the bable from the mother board only has one conector for the...
Snoopdogie187 Hard Drive Support 6 12-27-2006 03:21 PM
putting windows on and boot from an external hard drive
I would like to put windows xp preferably or windows 2000 because thats whats on my hard drive right now on an external hard drive....I am thinking of getting a western digital 500 gb my book hard drive and want to know if there is any way to put windows on it and have it be my primary drive, the...
johnbrownsdream Hard Drive Support 2 07-27-2006 03:15 PM
CD101 both cd drives
I really need some big help. I think I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it. I'll start from the beginning. I bought my computer from an independent dealer that sold me my computer with a partitioned harddrive. Both harddrives were 5 gigs each. One was the C drive and the...
oreo Win 98 & ME Support 0 08-22-2003 06:27 AM