Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Games are not fullscreen on NEC Versa 6200MX

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dude111 
#1 ·
My very first post! So I have this old laptop, NEC Versa 6200MX and I've recently done a clean install of Windows 98 Second Edition on it and decided to try some games as I want to convert it into a 90s gaming machine. The only problem is - games that run in fullscreen mode are at 320x280 and half of the screen is filled with black borders, whilst increasing their resolution is mostly impossible as we're talking mid 90s games (Dos, Win95, 98 etc). Changing the Windows resolution to 640x480 does the same thing.

Since I have no way to transfer anything from the laptop at the moment, This pic is a good example of what's going on with my laptop:

Specs
CPU: Pentium MMX 166 Mhz
GPU: Chips 65550 2MB
RAM: 32 Mb
HDD: 2GB

P.S. There are no settings to stretch the image over the screen in BIOS, and neither are any in CHIPS control panel (using latest win98 driver)

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll admit that this is just a guess, but I think the problem revolves around what you're using as a graphics card or maybe the built in one. Some have settings to tweak the picture beyond just changing the resolution. One I know is "Full Screen/No Border".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.