Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Worldbuilder BFME2: Painting textures and controlling teams

This is a discussion on Worldbuilder BFME2: Painting textures and controlling teams within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have three questions about Worldbuilder for (Battle for Middle Earth 2) BFME2: Is there a general website for

Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have three questions about Worldbuilder for (Battle for Middle Earth 2) BFME2:
  1. Is there a general website for Worldbuilder people to go. To me it seems that there is not as Worldbuilder is spread across many games. Well BFME2 is rather old so the Worldbuilder forums I've found are pretty dead. I hope this is not the case, and instead I'm just not finding the right place(s) to visit and that you can help with this.
  2. When I'm trying to paint a texture in Worldbuilder using slopes or heights (see IMAGE3) it doesn't work. See IMAGE1 for the result of trying to place a texture between a certain height (IMAGE2 is a close-up view). The black line reprecents the actual area "painted by using the Worldbuilder method, but the other line is where the texture whould have been painted. It's like the textures get placed in the correct configuration, but are off-center. This is a repeatable result. What do I do? (Note : Randomly placing textures by percentage/saturation does work fine.)
  3. Is there a way to allow one player to control more than one team, and more than one team that would be enemies with each other? Remember Starcraft? Remember how you couls make a map where you could control two bases, like a Protoss and Zerg base? That's what I'm looking to do here with BFME2.

I have Worldbuilder version 0.8 for BFME2.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	31756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	31757  
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Any suggestions? Am I using the most recent version of Worldbuilder? v0.8 is what I have.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello, just trying to keep this on the front burner for those casual browsers that just may have an answer.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Looks like no-one here uses WorldBuilder. Have you tried any of the Worldbuilder forums?

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/-WB-Section.html

watch?v=qA5faeCGg-w
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks Koala. That's an answer I've been looking for. You may find this hard to believe, but I could not for the life of me find a decent Worldbuilder forum online. I'll post there. Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Registered Member

Ok, for anyone who's having the same problem, here's the solution :

When a map is created in Worldbuilder you have the option to include a frame outside the playable boundary - a border I guess. Well worldbuilder does not calculate the border when it applies textures. If you add a border the texture will be offset by however much the border is (i'm not sure which sides of the 4-sided border affects this).

So what I do is remove the border until I'm done painting the textures. Solved.