Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] World in Conflict Won't launch.

32K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  alphonzo_evans 
#1 ·
So i reformatted my computer today and installed windows vista ultimate 32bit on my computer for the first time. I was having several problems with it until i updated and everything seemed to work fine after that. I installed World in conflict, it installed successfully, but when i click on it to play it never starts. The cd icon comes up showing its trying, it pops up on my task bar, the screen blinks then nothing happens. I used to play the game all the time on xp and it ran flawlessly. Ive tried reinstalling 3 times and still nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? I would really appreciate it. :mad:

#2 ·
Re: World in Conflict Won't launch.

Hi.
I saw someone else with a similar problem to this not long ago.
I think he fixed it by making sure that the WiC user profile in 'My Documents' was not 'Read Only'.

Right Click on the folder, go to properties and make sure 'Read Only' is unchecked.

#3 ·

yeah i herd about that one too so i tried it the second time i installed it and it wasn't checked at all. this is so disappointing:sigh:.

#4 ·

Open up the Task manager and watch what happens to the process when you try and run it. Is it still there even after attempting to run?

Have you tried running in compatibility mode?
Try right-click > Run as Administrator.

Do you have any emulation software installed? Like Alcohol or Daemon Tools?

#6 ·

Well i finaly got it working and it seems to be running fine but now the online support isnt working at all. I cant log in, i cant update, and it says that my connection is down when it isn't. I can play my other games online and such but not this one. Gosh its one problem after another. :sigh:

#8 ·

thanks for the help. i was going through the step by step and i was wondering, how do i know what Protocol Type to chose. Also, where do i get my Private Port and Public Port?

#9 ·

I figured it out. Thank you all so much, i fixed all the problems and the game runs just like it did on XP and looks slightly better. Thanks for all the help. :pray:

#13 · (Edited)
i hate to reopen this, but the internet is doing it again. i ran though the tutorials you gave me again, but the moment i finished updating and i tried to join a game, it wouldn't connect to the internet anymore. Ive even tried connecting it to my modem directly without the router and i get the same results. internet connection with everything els, but WiC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.