Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Video and sound problem in-games and videos

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Hartez 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everybody,let's get straight to the point.I've lag and video stutters on internet videos that i watch,also the CPU usage seems to be high,however i've ABSOLUTELY NO LAG watching my videos that are on my hard drive like nba or movies.And when i launch a game like Team Fortress 2 first of all it loads VERY long,when im in the menu the soundtrack that is playing is STUTTERING for me.As soon as i join a server,i press the continue button and it freezes for like 3 seconds.The first time i choose a class and play the game freezes for few seconds.When i keep playing longer this appear to pass away.And this is happening to almost all my games:Alien Swarm,Counter-Strike:Source,Left 4 Dead,Left 4 Dead 2 (ALL VALVE GAMES).

PC SPECS:Windows XP Professional SP3
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core Processor 2.40GHZ
3 Gigs Of Ram
210GB HDD
ATI RADEON HD 3870-1GB memory,DDR4
Internet:Linksys Wireless-G PCI ADAPTER

I've NEVER had sound,video,internet lag on these games,but now i have.
Help is much appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Video and sound problem in-games and videos

Hello and welcome to TSF

You should first do a total disk defragmentation using Window's built-in tool, found in Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter

Also, do the same for all your Steam games, go to Library and right click on the game and go to Properties, find 'Defragment Game Files' and run that, after click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

The problem is probably a slow, filled up and fragmented hard drive, or even a failing hard drive, the CPU is also at fault for being rather old and insufficient.

#3 ·
Re: Video and sound problem in-games and videos

Hello and welcome to TSF

You should first do a total disk defragmentation using Window's built-in tool, found in Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter

Also, do the same for all your Steam games, go to Library and right click on the game and go to Properties, find 'Defragment Game Files' and run that, after click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

The problem is probably a slow, filled up and fragmented hard drive, or even a failing hard drive, the CPU is also at fault for being rather old and insufficient.

Thx for replying,i've done everything you said,but the problem still remains.
I've tried using DPC LATENCY CHECKER.When i disable both of my internet adapters then the latency stays very low (green zone).And when i enable both of them the latency gets sky high (red zone).So i suppose it's kind of internet problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.