Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Red Alert 2 - Can't make allies

74K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  cho_lid 
#1 ·
Yeah I still play Red Alert 2, very fun game.

Anyway, how do I give myself allies for skirmish games? I just got the game and I don't have the manual and there is no obvious option to add this.

There is one option - 'build of allies construction yard' and it's grayed out.

I can't find anything on the internet about this.

#2 ·
Re: Red Alert 2 - Can't make allies

I don't think you can ally with bots in RA2.
I know you can ally with human players by pressing 'Tab' and allying with them.
Also, in the original RA, you could select an opponents unit or building then press 'A' to ally with them. Don't know if that works with RA2 though.

#10 ·

But if you look on the first pic, the option that allows you to build off your ally's ConYard is grayed out!

Maybe Tiber Septim was right "I don't think you can ally with bots in RA2"

Hey MCNinjaGuy, not to be rude or anything, but if your Canadian why do you say color and not colour?

#13 ·

sometimes English grammar confuses the hell out of me

in Read alert 2 I like to play cheap, this is what I do

I play as the French and start making those cannons preferrably blocking the other mineral deposits then when I get enough money I make mobile construction yards and block more of the minerals. I eventually just kill the enemy base with the cannons HAHAHA they never had a chance!

#16 ·

I just tried installing it and it would not work, the patcher can't find my installation path, and when it asks me to browse, it says I have to find the install path, but when I do it won't let me select it, just enter the folder. I installed it in a folder on my desktop, but I think the folders that are in the desktop are also in the Documents And Settings folder too...

#17 ·

Try running the patch in the RA2 directory. It has problems locating the directory on a 64-bit system as the default install directory is "Program Files (x86)".

The patch will also fail if the original exe file has been modified or the game was not properly installed. IE copied to the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.