Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

[SOLVED] GTA IV Error: WS10

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] GTA IV Error: WS10 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently bought the PC version of GTA IV, and after installing the game and the latest patch, after attempting

Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently bought the PC version of GTA IV, and after installing the game and the latest patch, after attempting to launch it (After logging in), I got an error message saying:

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: XNetStartup failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
10093 5

I have re-booted, and repaired the game (Not removing and re-installing, I simply selected the repair option in the setup file in the folder), I have installed Windows Essentials 2012, Tried to update .net framework, but that also had an error (Dunno what it was, didn't tell me), and, again, installed the latest patch (1.0.7.0).

Specs:

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65 GHz

RAM: 3.00 GB

System: 64-bit

The game does not work online or offline, and I do have disc 1 inside of the DVD drive. I will try to re-install the game from complete removal and then installation again, also applying the patch, and installing the latest version of DirectX, I've heard somewhere that there could be a .dll file missing. (Not sure why/where - forgot)

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

For GTA4 to run, you need to update Windows XP to Service Pack 3.

Download .Net Framework 3.5. You don't need to remove any other versions, so just install and reboot.

Check the system requirements on the back of the game box to see if your CPU/graphics meet the recommended requirements.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well, I actually figured it out myself. It wasn't Net Framework or the Service pack. Or the specs. Just needed to uninstall and re-install, then install Windows Live Games. (Forgot :/)

Though I do have another problem. Windows Live Games won't let me sign in to GTA IV because (Apparently) It thinks I have an invalid activation code. Though mine is valid, it won't allow me to sign in. Should I keep this thread, though, or go start a new one for this problem?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Any problems with activation/serial codes - contact Rockstar Support directly.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote