Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

[SOLVED] Company of heroes insert disc

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Company of heroes insert disc within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello Im a CoH veteran and had CoH for a long time on my computer. I got an external hardrive

Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

hello

Im a CoH veteran and had CoH for a long time on my computer. I got an external hardrive now and it seems when installing games on it they run way much smoother. I unisntalled CoH and installed both the original and Opposing forces in the external harddrive. But when starting to play it it says the insert disk message, and it goes on every time I start the game.

Then i isntalled the game back to C drive, but it didnt get rid of the message. Im trying to patch the game. I download the patches from the internet. But when running it, it says it couldnt find the "installation directory from the windows registry".

Would like to play the game online and patch it. Could anyone help or got any ideas?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Hey,
try the CD/DVD on another PC and see if it works, maybe your CD is scratched a bit...

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I think your problem lies in the fact that your registry still has the entries from when you had it installed in your C: drive. Download Revo Uninstaller from RockmasteR's signature and do an uninstall of that game. Make sure you do the advanced uninstall and be sure to delete all the entries in your registry when it gives you the option as well as the folders.
Wait...I should add that you may want to make a copy of your save files first. They should be located in [DOCUMENTS]\My Games\Company of Heroes\. Select the files and copy them to your desktop. After you reinstall the games you should be able to paste them back into the new location.

First however do as RockmasteR suggested as far as insuring that your disc is not the problem.

Revo Uninstaller
Headpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

ok I fixed it.
It was just a wrong patch. I just patched up the game so I could go online.

But thanx anyway for the tips guys!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Glad to see you fixed it, enjoy your game

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote