Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Sins of a Solar Empire server hosting.

This is a discussion on Sins of a Solar Empire server hosting. within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Allright, if anyone has played this yet they may no about this issue. It tells you when you host that

Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Judgement

Allright, if anyone has played this yet they may no about this issue. It tells you when you host that you may have a firewall enabled or you router may have some issues. I went to the Sins forum and they had some tech support about this issue, but I was wondering if someone could post up a guide for doing this:

Your user.setting file has an entry for GameHostPort (default is 6112). Make sure your router has this Port Forwarded to your computer's IP address or has UPnP enabled.

XP
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting

Vista
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting

All computers behind a router should have their own unique GameHostPort setup in case the original host leaves and a new host for the game is needed. Be sure to restart your game after changing these settings.

Example (computers behind router):

Computer IP user.settings -> GameHostPort Router Port Forwarding Setting

192.168.1.47 6112 6001 -> 192.168.1.47
192.168.1.201 6113 6002 -> 192.168.1.201
192.168.1.35 6114 6003 ->

So how do I forward this port to my PC's IP? Any help would be mad appreciated. Oh and should this not belong here because it does deal with routers, please admin/mod do move it to the correct section. Thank you.