Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Setting Compatibility mode in Vista and Win 7

This is a discussion on Setting Compatibility mode in Vista and Win 7 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Right click on the Icon of the problem program in the pop up select Properties In the properties window click

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Right click on the Icon of the problem program in the pop up select Properties

In the properties window click on the Compatibility Tab
Put a check in the "Run this Program in Compatibility Mode For" box.
Select the OS the program was written for from the list.(Usually XP SP 3 will work). For older programs you may need to select 256 colors and/or 640x480 resolution.

Put a check in the "Run this Program as an Administrator" box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Wireless killed by Win 7 but resurrected by Nokia phone
I have: Laptop running Vista, Desktop running Win 7, Phone running Symbian, They all use me Belkin wireless router. During the day, I work on the Win 7 machine. My wife uses the laptop simultaneously. In the evening, I shut down the Win 7 machine, and suddenly the Vista PC can't connect...
regy109 Networking Support 3 08-29-2011 04:52 PM
Win Vista Crashed,trying to install Win 7...getting errors
Good Afternoon, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV6000 Pentium Duel Core My laptop running Win Vista crashed and wont startup. I was on facebook when it froze and when i restarted to fix, it wouldnt start up again. I am trying to reinstall Windows using a Win 7 disk.
green fairy Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 07-24-2011 09:29 PM
Old Vista SP1 HD into new Dell Win 7
Sorry to be redundant here, I have seen similar questions asked 1000 times here, but not the exact SAME question. I just inherited a nearly new Dell box with Win 7, which only has an 80GB drive. On my existing Dell Vista Home Premium SP1 computer, I have a 650GB drive. Both are obviously SATA. ...
johnleydecker Hard Drive Support 8 06-21-2011 10:26 AM
HP Pavilioin dv6809wm Vista to Win 7 issues
I have a HP Pavilion DV6809wm laptop that I am trying to run Windows 7 on. When I did a fresh istall I had to reload some of the Vista 32 bit drivers. The issue is with the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M Graphics Card. I cannot load the Vista 32 bit dirver. NvIDIA instalation program tells me the OS is...
Rickl55 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 03-18-2011 09:59 AM
Setting up an auto reply to all incoming emails (Win Mail - Vista)
Does anyone know how to set up an automatic reply to all incoming emails for Windows Mail (with Vista). I will be going away for two weeks and would like to have the following automatically sent: "Please note that I will be away between January 7th and January 24th. I will respond to your email...
lucodu Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 01-06-2011 04:54 AM