Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Problem with Sniper Elite V2

This is a discussion on Problem with Sniper Elite V2 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello TechSupport! I am Alex. I installed the game Sniper Elite V2, but it doesn't work on windows XP .

Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello TechSupport! I am Alex. I installed the game Sniper Elite V2, but it doesn't work on windows XP . So I tried to make it work. A friend told me to do this: right click-properties-compatibility and make it compatible for windows XP, but,of course, it didn't work, it asked me a .dll file, and I downloaded it from the internet. I hoped it will work, but now there is this error :
" The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"
I hope you can help me with this, because I really want this game, and I don't want to change my Windows too soon.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

See here for instructions to fix the dll error: Error Message: Procedure Entry Point Not Found in Msvcrt.dll File

Looking at other forum posts and the game's system requirements, it looks like Sniper Elite V2 doesn't work on XP. It needs Vista or above.

watch?v=qA5faeCGg-w
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for your answer. I will try to install another windows.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speaker Problem -- HK Soundsticks II not working
Hi all, First post here so sorry if I missed some rules. I bought HK Soundsticks II a few years ago, and recently they stopped working. The speakers would turn on, the sub would glow its usual blue light, but the input cable -- the green-tipped one which connects to the audio device -- didn't...
willrobin1 Sound Cards 6 03-25-2013 01:46 AM
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every once in a while and after starting laptop. HP pavilion dv6 Notebook pc Home premium Windows 7 amd phenom(tm) II p960 quad -core processor 1.80 ghz 6.00 gb (5.74 gb usable) 64 bit.
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 8 12-14-2012 08:42 AM
Toshiba Blue Screens and Freezes
Hello, I've been getting BSODs and constant freezes for a while now. They started happening right after my laptop was forcibly turned off by a dead battery. · OS - Windows 7 · 64-bit · Windows 7 · OEM version (came pre-installed on system) · Age of system (hardware) 2 years (2010) · Age of...
Orbacedo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 11-14-2012 06:06 PM
My Sniper Elite V2 and Street Fighter vs Tekken
Dear all, My Computer Spec: -Intel Core i3 2120 @3.30 GHz -Ram 8 Gb -Nvidia GeForce GT440 -Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit I have a problem when running some of my game. My Sniper Elite V2 didn't have any sound during gameplay and main menu but it have sound in the start of the rebellion logo....
angeljoanes PC Gaming Support 0 08-14-2012 07:41 AM
Halo 2 Won't install i hate it...
Hey, I just bought halo 2 at the store and i tought hmm fun game but then when i wanted to install the game it says Microsoft directx has stopped working and then i can't install the game... because i need to close the installation. I already have DX. 11 And got HD Readen 4770, AMD...
Takehofstra Game Installation Support 1 02-26-2011 07:39 PM