Not open for further replies.

PC suddenly got lag

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  worldchamp 
#1 ·
Hi guys how are ya?

anyways i really don't know what's going on
i upgrade it to 8gb from 2gb at first it was really
good but couple weeks by it just started getting lag
playing Heroes of Newerth , Assassin's Creed 2 etc.
i tried to scan and there's no threat do you have any idea?
my ROM is 500gb about 45gb for drive C: and the others are in Drive D:
please help me guys thanks in advance
~Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
By far the simplest fix is to use System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

#12 ·
Hi Cranberry7!
I just wanted to ask about your PSU (and how many Watts it is). And I think upgrading it i.e., purchasing a better PSU might solve your problem. Since you have upgraded your RAM, and also upgraded your windows, your system now needs more power. Consequently, your old PSU might not be good enough to provide sufficient clean power now.
My advice would be that you should test your system for lags again while using a better quality (and Watts) PSU. Maybe, try a friend's PSU or go to a shop to try the same.

#13 ·
Hi Cranberry7!
I just wanted to ask about your PSU (and how many Watts it is). And I think upgrading it i.e., purchasing a better PSU might solve your problem. Since you have upgraded your RAM, and also upgraded your windows, your system now needs more power.
Increasing the Ram will only minimally increase power usage, W7 will not use more power than previous versions.
If there is a valid reason for replacing the PSU, it will be the future upgrades, like a new CPU or Graphics Card.

#14 ·
Well, I agree with you Panther063.
But the thing is that a friend of mine had a similar problem. However, in that case, changing the PSU was necessary case due to its age and weariness. So, that's why I thought Cranberry7 should at least try it out to see if it solves his problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.