Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My pc

704 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  koala 
#1 ·
I have a gateway all in one.. I tried to run garrys mod (game) it flickered my screen and shut off my pc, I got back on and played 2 other Games (Minecraft and runescape) and it ran fine, about an hour later I tried to run garrys mod again and it shut off my pc completely, and when I try to power on I hear the disk drive click and the fan turn on but all it is a plain black screen, no safe mode startup option or anything, we can't afford a new pc and I'm getting blamed for this, please help!

#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to TSF. Firstly, I would mention that all-in-ones are not meant for gaming. They are like larger cousins to laptops really. Not sure, but you may be creating an overheating condition or stressing it too much. How about we get the model number of your Gateway All-In-One, and the driver you have for your GPU (and list the GPU you have).

~Chrono

#5 ·
Do you have any details on the PC's components (motherboard, graphics card, etc)? Any paperwork/receipts or a link to the spec sheet for the model number?

Chrissanford said:
when I try to power on I hear the disk drive click and the fan turn on but all it is a plain black screen
If it sounds like everything is working as normal when you switch on, but there's no display, remove the graphics card and test with either the onboard graphics or another card.

Chrissanford said:
Because the fan isn't turning on when it turns on either.
Which fan? CPU, PSU, graphics or case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.