Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Low fps, can't locate problem.

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  T_Rex 
#1 ·
Specs: 4 GB RAM

I got Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and the highest fps I could reach was 30 on the lowest settings. I'm wondering if my specs are too low or is it something else? I have updated all my drivers.

See less See more
#3 ·
Specs are low yes, that processor is older gen and will struggle with many titles, and the GPU is "ok" if you dial back to medium settings in a lot of games. Just getting something like and FX 4100, gigabyte 970 AMD motherboard would be a huge improvement.

#11 · (Edited)
Sorry, I can't think of any modern title your system will get decent FPS (I consider 40+ at all high settings decent) on. Titles like Crysis 3, FarCry 3, Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon. Titles a few years old yes, and current titles if you crank the res down and the settings to medium.

Yes 2GB of ram is low and will cause problems, the CPU is pretty low spec. Card is ok. I do hope you get your situation resolved I know it's a pain. Best of luck.

#14 ·
Well, you could get an R9 270/270x or GTX 660, or even a budget GTX 650TI boost or HD 7850. That will get you much better settings/FPS along with 4GB of ram in newer games. Of course you will have come bottlenecking with your current processor but that's ok until you can move the GPU to a better system.

If I was in your shoes I would look for a nice used HD 7850 or GTX 650TI, and 4GB of value memory, then in a short time move over to a AMD 970/FX 6300 combo they are very affordable and give very nice performance for the money.

There is a great build guide here and I or any of the other techs would be happy to help you out with parts. But for now I think the 4GB/GPU will get your FPS. Or course you will need the power supply to run it as well. Both of those GPU's I mentioned are pretty efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.