Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

League Of Legends Crashing

This is a discussion on League Of Legends Crashing within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, My game just seems to crash, usually at the start , screen goes black , then I hear some

Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

My game just seems to crash, usually at the start , screen goes black , then I hear some buzzing in my headphones and finally , computer resets or I have to reset it. (Not in that particular order, sometimes it doesn't buzz, just black screen and everything frozen, or colored stripes on the screen followed by a freeze) . Anyone knows what could be causing this ? Computer specs : intel core i3 540 , 4 GB DD3 1333 MHz , radeon hd 5750 1 GB graphics . Latest video drivers are installed . It also happens in Starcraft 2 and some other games.

The first time I've got that error there was an error message on the screen saying : Not optimum mode selected, recommended mode is 1280x1024 @ 60 hz. After that I've set my settings to that resolution and screen refresh rate (My monitor is samsung sync master 710n) but the crashes still occur.

I've tried running memtest, it found no errors, computer was scanned for viruses & malware, nothing found, I've tried using the driver sweeper and completely reinstalling the drivers, that didn't help either, video card and CPU temperatures are fine. Please help me find a solution for my problem.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Welcome to TSF. I hope you check back on this post Smokei, I hate to see a fellow summoner not able to play LoL.

First off, does the game crash on the client screen? champion select? or in game? You mention LoL and Starcraft 2, can you play any games at all?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

It crashes in game. 2 days ago I've changed my 17'' monitor screen refresh rate to 70 Hz and it didn't crash. I've got new monitor yesterday (24'') and it crashes sometimes, I can't set screen refresh rate to 70 Hz on this new monitor. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

try to change the game's resolution
the HD 5750 is a mid range card and can not play the game on a very high resolution

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

That doesn't help at all. I get not optimum mode recommended error..
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Registered Member

I am having this same problem, but I have a radeon 6000 series. I'm not sure the exact model number is but this same problem persists for me and I have taken the same steps as the OP. Any solution would be greatly appreciate.