Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop freezing - Having to Force Restart

SOLVED 
943 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Leems 
#1 ·
Hello, TSF

I've had this laptop for a little over a year now, and have not had any issues with it previously. Recently, out of nowhere, my Laptop has been unable to play games I've played daily; League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Warframe, etc.

Whenever I go to load the game, It starts up initially, then freezes a few seconds later, having to hard reset my entire laptop. I've never downloaded anything or been to any websites/ads recently that could cause spyware.

For Example: I'll begin to open World of Warcraft and tab out, I hear it in the background loading through and playing the openings, though once I click on it, my entire computer, sound, mouse, and all freeze and I am unable to do anything, forcing me to restart my computer. I've played this game for months and never ran into any problems with hardware.

So now all of a sudden, I am unable to play any "stressful" video game, the only game I am able to run without my laptop freezing on me, is an mmo named Tera, which I barely play. League will load and open for me, but it'll freeze once the Match loads and I get into game.

I'm unsure of what's causing this issue, and I don't have too much tech knowledge, especially on Laptops, I've added my DxDiag.txt file for my Laptop's information, hopefully that will be enough.

I'd love a response as soon as possible, and thank you for reading this wall of text.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Temps don't appear to be the issue. Have you ever tried to clean the insides ie use "a can of air" to blow in the vents and then a vacuum to the vents on the outside to remove what it can?
What Antivirus or antimalware are you running and have you run any recent scans and with what?

#5 ·
Hi there,

Try un-installing and re-installing the video card drivers for your computer and see if that helps resolve the issue. Check Dell's website for updated video card drivers for computer.

Another thing, check the "Event Viewer" and see if there are any errors posted on the event viewer. Right-click on My Computer -> Left-click Manage -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System. See if there are any errors posted. If so, then post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.