Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Issues with an overheating laptop

781 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Fuwy Wawyuh 
#1 ·
Overheating (most likely) issue with laptop and I need some help. Basically I've owned a Qosmio X70A12 for the past 2 years and the situation has been getting worse by the day. It started overheating every now and then, and shutting off, now it just randomly shuts down when i'm gaming even for like 30 minutes. It can't even handle hearthstone + youtube at the same time. Over the years I even changed the motherboard + fans through my warranty, changed the thermal paste to AS5. I'm using an external fan and monitoring everything and what i've noticed is that the "failsafe" where it shut down due to the heat was at exactly 100c. My recent logs show temps rising up to 85-90 and still being ok, yet it sometimes shuts down at 81c. Which is why I feel something else is going on.

As of the past 3-4 days it also started "dropping" frames for a second, once every 5-6 minutes and audio desyncs, I feel this is something audio-related cause the "freeze" doesnt end until the audio catches up to it, really noticable when the freeze lasts for longer than usual and there's some dialogue going on.

Everything is updated (Drivers, windows etc). Anyone got any tips on what to try? I'm even thinking of messing with it and preventing it from shutting down by itself. Based on my latest logs from RealTemp, last time it shut down it was on 83c...;s
Cheers.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.