Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

I can't download DirectX End-User Runtime

This is a discussion on I can't download DirectX End-User Runtime within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Sleeping dogs but it won't start on Windows 8. After a bit of searching I came to know

Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have Sleeping dogs but it won't start on Windows 8. After a bit of searching I came to know that if I install DirectX from this link Download DirectX End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center
Sleeping Dogs will start working. But the problem is that dxwebsetup won't download, it always throws an error that it can't connect to internet.

Please help! I'm able to install Microsoft updates just fine but I don't know why it won't install.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF

try this:

Download DirectX 9.0c (Jun 10) - FileHippo.com

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Internet Explorer 8
Hello, I am experiencing problems with IE which will not open at all. The following warning appears on screen. An unhandled exception occured in 3rd party module and will be closed. You may send Auto report to development center for further investigation. I have saved a copy of the...
Georgefry Internet Explorer Forum 12 04-14-2011 12:34 AM
burn process failed ! Nero Vision 4
I am new to using Nero and burning DVD's so I really need help with this. Everytime I try to burn a DVD it gets about 80% done and than I get a message saying, "Burn Process Failed. An error log file was created that can be very helpful in diagnosing problems." My computer is Windows Vista and my...
kathern.otter Other Hardware Support 4 04-02-2011 07:34 PM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM
[SOLVED] Internet Dropping Off When Ever It Feels Like it
Folks I am using a new netgear N105 wireless modem, on a HP Pavilion a6440a system with windows xp. The Internet seems to drop off. Things I tried: Firstly I recently changed from Netcomm to Netgear as the Netcomm modem start dropping of at random. The new nettgear N105 wireless modem now...
duncvr Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 14 02-15-2011 11:32 AM