Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High end Pc (Gtx 1080) performance issues and problems!

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Aschuram 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I really really hope that some of you guys is able to help me i am getting really desperated.
First of all this is my Full build https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/567xqw/last_check_please_first_gaming_pc/ .

My Monitor is an Acer XB270HU and my SSD Is a Samsung evo m.2 850.

I will explain you now my Problems and please stay with me, i own this PC now for 4 Months and no one could ever help me since then.

I do own Windows 10 Education version 64 Bit.

Okey so lets go.

All Drivers are up-to date, if necessary tell me some programs, which will show you all my current driver informations and I will let you know !

So for example lets come to gaming:

I play CsGo and I know that this game is more CPU based, than GPU, but still with an Intel core i5 6600k I should get some good Fps right?
So I can tell you that i maxed out the graphics at Wqhd (2k) and I am playing with 80-130 or sometimes 110-150 fps.
Now the thing is, even if I lower the graphics to the LOWEST settings, it won't change anything in my fps numbers.
Also ALL the times, when i press ESC and try to open the menu, the whole game stutters and the sound laggs for a second and then I am able to go to the menu.
I did not lock any FPS and vertical Sync is disabled because i have a g-sync monitor which can deal with that.

So I do have low FPS in that game, in Benchmarking of Graphic cards, i tested my rate with a friend and we got almost the same numbers so my graphic card is okey (Gtx 1080 MSI).

Secondly, when I tab out of games which are played in Fullscreen mode (for Example Rocket League, CsGo or even Black ops1) I am getting most of the times a black screen where I can't do anything expect hearing sounds. When I re-tab in the game and close the game afterwards, i get a black screen and can't do anything so I have to force a reboot.

Now comes the most annoying part and I hope there will be some people who can understand this.
Like I said I do own an 144 HZ Acer Monitor, which is awesome, dont get me wrong.
I tested the monitor at a friend and everything was working fine!
By that i am talking about the "SMOOTHNESS". If you guys ever used an 144 HZ Screen you will know what I am talking about.
When you move your mouse it just looks amazingly smooth and for example if you drag a folder (right in your windows desktop) around, you see how amazingly smooth the animation is and that you are even able to read the content of the folder.

BUT !!
When I was using the properly working Screen at my PC, it definately was not running as smooth as it was before.
I have enabled 144 HZ obviously and G-Sync in Window and Fullscreen mode, and it does run smoother than a regular 60 HZ screen, but it just does not work as it should be !
And it can not be the Graphics card, because I even tested the graphics card from my friend where everything was working fine, but in my PC connected, it didn't change anything !
I can not explain what is causing this micro lags all the time and why it is happening. I also can not find any kind of solution in the Internet and this is why I am praying that someone of you guys is able to help me I would be so incredible glad !

Let me add one MSINFO with that topic so you can already see what kind of components and drivers I have.

I already installed windows 3 times new, with a completely clean install but it did not change anything.

Please let me know if you need any kind of Information else !

Thank you so much guys!

See less See more
#4 ·
I type too quickly!

I have seen chrome cause issues EVEN IF you havent used it that day or since the PC was last booted. I uninstalled Chrome and my issue went away. its probably NOT the cause but something I have seen before

#7 ·
Looks fine. +12V and +5 are well within spec (+/- 5% of nominal).
Many BIOS do not show 3.3VDC.

#12 · (Edited)
Does the Nvidea driver show in the Device Manager besides the Intel or AMD one? If so, did you install the Nvidia 3d game driver using the GeForce experience? Not a bad idea to test your memory. Also, your ISP speed could be a factor. Finally, are you aware of how TPS vs. FPS affects games?

#14 ·
Still did not found a solution .. I changed everything, mainboard , gpu , processor but still dont get any higher fps or some kind of change..
With the 144 HZ in Desktop mode I seriously fixxed this by getting a "gaming" mice, because i had a no name mice before that, now i have a logitech g502

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.