Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Halo 2 vista xlive.dll not found

This is a discussion on Halo 2 vista xlive.dll not found within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. whenever i start halo 2 it comes up with xlive.dll not found may need re-install can i repair or download

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

whenever i start halo 2 it comes up with xlive.dll not found may need re-install can i repair or download xlive.dll or do i have to re-install?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

My uncle just gave me (or let me borrow, idk until later) his copy of Halo 2: Vista, and, with most of the games that i have (that arehackable),
usually i'll either install that one copy on all the machines i have, or install the game on 1 pc, then copy the installed game to the others on my network.

There are some problems that you would usually run into after doing this, like:

1. (most obvious) the game generally won't work because of missing files;

2. the game locks up, freezes, or does something equally cryptic, such as, the game crashes, and leaves a ransom note saying " if you want your game to run again, wire me $1,000,000 and i'll give you the files back, and tell you how to get it to run again." lol.

Then again, some files that are needed to run the game, are hidden in a secret place on your hard disk that you won't be able to find in a million years (or less if you know where to look).

For halo 2, i tried copying it to my desktop from my laptop, then ran the freshly copied game from the desktop, which yielded the same result that you got, my friend: "This application failed to start because 'xlive.dll' was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Before i came over here to post this, i went to ' http://www.dll-files.com ' and lo and behold, i found the missing file, and by the time you read this, i already have the file and are successfully running halo 2 again.

So, if you have a problem with an application\game that gives you that "this program will not run because 'filename.dll' " cr@p, head on over to Dll-Files.com, where they have the file you need, comepletely free to download.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

One thing. Same thing here but: THE MEMBERSHIP COSTS AND IT IS NOT EASY TO MANUALLY INSTALL IT!