Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

GTA:Vice City wont run on 6800

This is a discussion on GTA:Vice City wont run on 6800 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, I have just upgraded to a BFG Tech 6800 O/C. GTA:Vice City no longer runs, it used to

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,

I have just upgraded to a BFG Tech 6800 O/C. GTA:Vice City no longer runs, it used to run fine on my old nVidia Riva TNT.

Basically when I click on the icon the cd-rom spins up briefly and then nothing.

The task list shows that the process gta-vc.exe is running but nothing else happens.
If I then reboot the machine it hangs during reboot and I have to do a hard-reset.

The machine runs Win XP Pro with Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB 333Mhz DDR and a 160GB hard drive. I've tried reinstalling the game from CD, updating to the latest version of the .exe file, reinstalling graphics drivers but nothing helps.

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered and if so is there any advice they could give?

Any answers much appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex