Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game causes computer freezing

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Antonio Pena 
#1 ·
So I was playing Mass effect andromeda on thursday and for most of the day it was working well, but then the screen turned all red and I had this buzzing sound coming from my headphones. I've been trying to figure what happend. After this my computer has started to entirely freeze while gaming.

I figured out it might be GPU drivers so I uninstalled them but it didn't stop the problem. I've also monitored the heat of CPU and GPU but they don't seem to be too high. I've also reinstalled Windows, but no effect. In fact, now the game causes freezing even in the main menu. Could the issue be rather old PSU? I downloaded prime95 and after testing some ram and maximum power consumption the computer froze almost instantly. Windows ram test however passed.
Before these issues started I reinstalled windows and added 2x more RAM sticks.

Here are my current specs:
- Motherboard: M5A97 R2.0
-GPU: Radeon R9 390
-RAM: 4xG.Skill 4GB
-Power: TruePower New TP-650 650W ATX-virtalähde
-Hard drives: 1SSD + 2 older ones
-Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl + fans

If anyone has any idea I'd be thankful since I'm starting to get kinda desperate.:cry:

See less See more
#8 ·
Are you still getting a BSOD? If so, then I'd recommend having our BSOD look it over.

Please read all of the following instructions found here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ons-windows-8-windows-7-and-vista-452654.html

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

Please note that the BSOD team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!

#9 ·
Are you still getting a BSOD? If so, then I'd recommend having our BSOD look it over.

Please read all of the following instructions found here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ons-windows-8-windows-7-and-vista-452654.html

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

Please note that the BSOD team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!
Curiosly I haven't had any BSOD's after that. Unfortunately, the freezing issues have continued. Previosly the computer froze in the main menu, now it seems to happen a while after gaming.

#12 ·
#11 ·
Ok so I've been trying to solve this on my own. I figured out the issue might have been in the WLAN device so I uninstalled it and took it off. It did reduce the number of freezings significantly (once every three/four days or something like that). Today I bought a new WLAN device and I've already had two freezings.
Any possible connection?
Stats:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8o2rPh64IHW50jA38s1ztlr

#13 · (Edited)
Hi,

Some of the latest games require as a recommend specification that you have at least 6GB of RAM and a decent graphics card.

I'd check both your specifications and the game specifications to make sure that's not the problem :)

Update: Just looked into it and the game you're trying to play has a minimum requirement of 8 GB to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.