Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

FRAPS Screen Recorder requires the Admin pass every time.

This is a discussion on FRAPS Screen Recorder requires the Admin pass every time. within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Recently I bought myself a copy of FRAPS the screen recorder for video games (WINDOWS 7), however, I am

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

Recently I bought myself a copy of FRAPS the screen recorder for video games (WINDOWS 7), however, I am not able to use it very often as it asks for the administrator password each and every time I use it, at first the admin was very compliment with giving the password but now we're just getting a bit tired of it. Here's what I've done so far-

-We've set it as "Run as Administrator"
-Under security we've given me full control over the the .exe file,
-We've tried installing it under the administrator account on the PC.

If anyone could give me any help on this, I'd be really appreciative.

PS: I think it may be something to do with an untrustworthy certificate from the company, if so, how do I make it so it is trusted?
PPS: The popup when I try to run the program is, "The following program wishes to make changes to the hard drive", or something like that.

Thanks in advance, Ben.

Apologies if double posted or posted in wrong forum.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Fraps should always be run as administrator because it records on your hard disk so it needs to access your hard disk
do you have a limited account? or admin account?

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmasteR View Post
Fraps should always be run as administrator because it records on your hard disk so it needs to access your hard disk
do you have a limited account? or admin account?
I am a limited account.