Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Flight Simulator X Deluxe issues...Please help!

This is a discussion on Flight Simulator X Deluxe issues...Please help! within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, recently i loaded flight simulator x deluxe onto my computer and it works great except every time i

Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all, recently i loaded flight simulator x deluxe onto my computer and it works great except every time i go to do a mission and click "go to briefing". A box pops up and says a fatal error has occured. It is really annoying. I have reinstalled the game and i have even added service packs one and two.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi i was wondering if you sorted the issue and if so how? as im having problams installing the game as half way through installation an error message 1305 comes up....it be a possible link???

Old 09-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabzxjaffx View Post
Hi i was wondering if you sorted the issue and if so how? as im having problams installing the game as half way through installation an error message 1305 comes up....it be a possible link???

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873281

Could be a scratched cd?

TSF has outgrown its server, again. Please help

"Gutta cavat lapidem,
non vi sed saepe cadendo"
mimo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

hi all, I too having the same error message as " mcramer6" is having, anyone know whats up... Everything else works fine...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi There

I was wondering if anyone knew if the FSX Deluxe Edition was compitable with Windows Vista as ive tried it with several Computers and half way through loading an Erorr 1301 message comes up and the Intallation is Aborted, and i cant seem to rectify the matter no matter what i try.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

Hi Folks, Have a read of this it might give you a clue.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...35(VS.85).aspx
Old 02-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Sven2157 Send a message via MSN to Sven2157 Send a message via Yahoo to Sven2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo2005 View Post
FSX does not require the CD to be in the drive when the game launches.

Give me a couple minutes guys and I will look into this for you...

Sven2157
Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Sven2157 Send a message via MSN to Sven2157 Send a message via Yahoo to Sven2157

Quote:
Hi There

I was wondering if anyone knew if the FSX Deluxe Edition was compitable with Windows Vista as ive tried it with several Computers and half way through loading an Erorr 1301 message comes up and the Intallation is Aborted, and i cant seem to rectify the matter no matter what i try.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (or 10), was deisgned SOLELY for Vista, at the beginning. People complained, so the ACES team delayed the release date to make it compatible with XP.

Have you already installed it? Is the "loading" when you try and launch the game or setup.exe?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer6 View Post
Hello all, recently i loaded flight simulator x deluxe onto my computer and it works great except every time i go to do a mission and click "go to briefing". A box pops up and says a fatal error has occured. It is really annoying. I have reinstalled the game and i have even added service packs one and two.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scilento View Post
hi all, I too having the same error message as " mcramer6" is having, anyone know whats up... Everything else works fine...
Try this:

1. - Right-Click your Dektop..?..Choose "New"..>.."Folder". Call it whatever you like!

2. - Insert your DVD into your Drive. When the Autorun comes up cancel it.

3.- Double click Computer/My computer. When the Windows Explorer window comes up, navigate to your DVD Drive. Click ONCE on the drive letter to "Highlight" it and display the contents of the disk in the Right Window Pane.

4. - Click ONCE on ANY folder or file in the right window pane, Hit "CTRL+'A'" to select ALL. Now Copy ALL These files to the New Folder.

5. - Repeat steps 2 - 4 for the second disk. If the COPY procedure asks about duplicate files, choose "OVERWRITE EXISTING FILE".

6. - Now, go into that folder and locate the "Setup.exe"/"Setup" icon.

7. - Righ-Click this and choose "Run as Adminstrator" (Vista) and "Run As..." in XP. (When the "Run As..." window opens choose the administrator account.)

It sounds to me as if the program is running into security issues with certain files. This will also solve any "SCRATCHED" disk issues, as it will read straight from your hard drive. If there are any scratches on the disk, preventing the reading of the file, then you will be notified when you try copy from the disks to the folder.

Let me know if this helps...

Sven2157
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
Registered Member

My System

Ok.....

So after researching a bit with Google, I have noticed this is a new problem. It has to do with the installation of the .NET Framework 3.5 Update and Visual Studio; both Express and the FUll version. I have both, the .NET 3.5 Framework and BOTH the Express and Full Visual Studio, on my computer.

I started my FSX, selected a mission, clicked "Go To Briefing", and BAM! "A fatal error occurred."

Now, this is one of the features I LOVE about VIsta. When that window appears there is a little button with a down arrow. Next to it says "View problem details". When you click that it shows the error report.

This is where the beauty of Vista is! In the list look at, approximately, the 5th "Problem signature" down. It is named, "Fault Module Name:". To the right, it shows EXACTLY where the program failed! Mine says, "MFC80.DLL".

Start FSX, select a mision, click the GTB button, when the fatal occurs, click that details button and view the Fault Module. Post is here, or see the link below...

Go here to the Microsoft support page for the Hotfix for your Fault Module, named in the Problem Details.

Actually, let me try this first, and I will let ya'll if it works....

Sven2157
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
Registered Member

My System

Here is some additional information, when you have Visual Studio installed..

"You create a Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) application in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1). The MFC application contains an ActiveX control inside a Tab control. When you run this application, the application may crash. Additionally, you may receive an access violation error message in the HandleInitDialog function in the Dlgcore.cpp file."

The rest of this article can be found here.

Sven2157
Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
Registered Member

My System

OK?....

This is pretty lame, I have to call Micro-SQUISH, to get the hotfix!

So I will do that in the next couple minutes. Once I have it, I will try FSX again, and post back.....

Sven2157
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #13
Registered Member

My System

Thumbs Down

GOOD NEWS!

First of all, sorry it took so long to get back with everyone on this issue! Now...

IT WORKED!

As I have stated above, I am running Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 Express editions. I too, had the "FATAL ERROR" when trying to go to the briefing of the FSX missions.

This is caused by the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update from Microsoft. Well, what is happening?... Good Question!

The original MFC80.DLL that FSX was built with, contains ActiveX Control features that are "bumping heads" with the newest version of the MFC80.dll. When you click the "Go to Briefing" button in FSX, the MFC80.dll tries to call the .NET Framework ActiveX controls, so you may maneuver through the different tabs for the mission. However, the newest version of the MFC80.DLL is not compatible with the older version. Thus returning a "A fatal error has occurred."

What the hell does ALL that mean? That means look below and get the fix!

Though this is related to .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, it is advised that you leave this installed, and resolve the issue with one of the simple solutions below!

FOR VISUAL STUDIO, ANY EDITION, USERS

Unfortunately you have to call Microsoft, 1-800-Microsoft, to obtain the hotfix for your FATAL. Tell them it is in reference to "Article KB958036". They will email you the fix; it took about 5 minutes for me.

I cannot post the fix here for several reasons: First, the hotfix is PASSWORD protected, so I don't want to break any laws that may be associated with M$ and the fix. Secondly, I use Vista Ultimate SP1, I have 2 versions of Visual Studio on my PC, etc, etc. So our systems may require a different version of the hotfix.

FOR ALL OTHER USERS WITH THE .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 SP1

You can download the updated version of the Visual C++ Redistributable from HERE. This is in reference to "Article KB961894".

Hope this helps all...

Sven2157
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven2157 View Post
GOOD NEWS!

First of all, sorry it took so long to get back with everyone on this issue! Now...

IT WORKED!

As I have stated above, I am running Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 Express editions. I too, had the "FATAL ERROR" when trying to go to the briefing of the FSX missions.

This is caused by the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update from Microsoft. Well, what is happening?... Good Question!

The original MFC80.DLL that FSX was built with, contains ActiveX Control features that are "bumping heads" with the newest version of the MFC80.dll. When you click the "Go to Briefing" button in FSX, the MFC80.dll tries to call the .NET Framework ActiveX controls, so you may maneuver through the different tabs for the mission. However, the newest version of the MFC80.DLL is not compatible with the older version. Thus returning a "A fatal error has occurred."

What the hell does ALL that mean? That means look below and get the fix!

Though this is related to .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, it is advised that you leave this installed, and resolve the issue with one of the simple solutions below!

FOR VISUAL STUDIO, ANY EDITION, USERS

Unfortunately you have to call Microsoft, 1-800-Microsoft, to obtain the hotfix for your FATAL. Tell them it is in reference to "Article KB958036". They will email you the fix; it took about 5 minutes for me.

I cannot post the fix here for several reasons: First, the hotfix is PASSWORD protected, so I don't want to break any laws that may be associated with M$ and the fix. Secondly, I use Vista Ultimate SP1, I have 2 versions of Visual Studio on my PC, etc, etc. So our systems may require a different version of the hotfix.

FOR ALL OTHER USERS WITH THE .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 SP1

You can download the updated version of the Visual C++ Redistributable from HERE. This is in reference to "Article KB961894".

Hope this helps all...

Sven2157

Thank You this is exactly what is happening to me, and I have been beating my head against the wall about it. Microsoft is running me in circles as well even with the KB you reference above. Would it be possible to get you Case # so I can point them at that?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Dang, Sven, excellent work, seriously, I was thinking a corrupted install.... while I made my own hotfix for my version of the game (that worked) this looks awesome, I am bookmarking this.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
Registered Member

I tried all of this multiple ways. Still getting the Fatal Error when I hit GTB. I'm starting to loose my patients, going on the 6th install. Here's the error I'm getting.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: MFC80.DLL
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.922
Fault Module Timestamp: 46ca5b7f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004c0d3
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmrotch View Post
I tried all of this multiple ways. Still getting the Fatal Error when I hit GTB. I'm starting to loose my patients, going on the 6th install. Here's the error I'm getting.

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: MFC80.DLL
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.922
Fault Module Timestamp: 46ca5b7f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004c0d3
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

LCID: 1033

I was not having the exact same problem as you but my problem was caused after I did the FS install. It seems FS is using some controls that when updated by new installs are no longer compatible. If you have .NET 2008 or SQL Server 2008 installed (or any other newer MS app) then that could be causing your problem. I had to uninstall .NET and SQL 2008 to make mine work. I went to SQL 2005 and that solved everything. I am really considering using VM's for some of this stuff to keep my core install clean so I dont have these issues.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #18
Registered Member

Hi everyone I am experiencing a really frustrating problem and I don't know if anybody could help me.

My problem lies with the Wilco Airbus Series 1 Deluxe package for Flight Simulator X Deluxe with Acceleration and SP1. The problem is outlined below and is caused by a kernel32.dll error.

I followed Wilco's installation guide for vista and installed the sofware into my main fsx folder on my external hard drive using full administrator rights. I then changed the security settings and loaded flight sim. The problem is, when I select one of the Airbus aircraft, then press the OK button, Flight Simulator freezes and comes up with a message saying that there was a fatal error. Here is the message as it appears:

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0003fbae
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

LCID: 2057

The simulator then closes. I have retried loading the aircraft many, many times and I have even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the CD. It is definitely just a problem with the Airbus Series 1 Deluxe Aircraft as I can load all my other freeware and payware aircraft without a problem. I would like to know what I need to do to get this promisingly good product to work!

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

Harry Grassom
Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #19
Registered Member

My System

Hello harryjg,

Have you tried the latest UPDATED version? This was released on January 16 2009.

Try that if you haven't. The kernal32.dll issues may also be cause by the extrnal drive installation. DLL's are dynamic link libraries, that allow multiple programs to access the contents, without having to install a library for every program that needs the resources contained within.

Also, check that the intaller properly configured your exe.xml and dll.xml, inside you AppData folder (This can be found in "C:\users\<yourname>\AppData\Raoming\Microsoft\FSX"). You can open the XML files with notepad, to verify.

If you are unsure, copy the contents and pasted them here, inbetween CODE tags.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #20
Registered Member

Thank you for your speedy reply Sven2157,

Yes, I have installed the latest version for the Airbus Series and it has made no difference.

Below is the dll.xml content, I don't know how to tell if it installed correctly or not???

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
Also, in the folder path that you specified (and where i found the dll.xml file) I cannot locate an exe.xml file. Is this the problem or am i just missing something obvious by not being able to find this?

The reason I installed Flight Simulator X onto an external hard drive is that I wanted to download as many aircraft as I wanted to and not experience computer performance problems from a full C drive. I do have another drive on the computer, other than C, which I could reinstall the simulator to, although this is only 1/5 of the size of my external hard drive. Also, I have not experienced any problems with ANY other add ons, be that payware or freeware. Why then should this add on decide not to work!!?? Is there anything I can do that would not involve reinstalling onto my internal hard drives as I would consider doing this as an extreme last measure of resort?

Again, thank you very much in advance!!

Harry Grassom