Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordless rumblepad 2 with logitech f710

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nalias 
#1 ·
I have a strange problem, I have a logitech cordless rumblepad 2, and a F710.
I want to use the F710 as the player one controller for emulators, I bought it so that i could use it in steam as an xbox controller. And it works well for this, now in order for most emulators, or all i've found anyway only recognize this controller in D mode. This is all fine and good.. However, I have the other controller that I want to be player two, and when the F710 is in D mode it appears as a second rumblepad 2 in windows, everything works except - the emulators see the same controllers so when one of them is off, or when they are both off (they sleep, and windows seems to changing the order they are presented to the emulators). So if I have them all setup the way i want them*, the next time i go to use them they either both are player one, or switched around. for now my solution is to leave the rumblepad 2 off (batteries out). and then configure it only when the current session of an emulator is running.
*I also want to be able to control what buttons that are not used in the games to perform keystrokes, the right thumbstick sends an alt-f4, and the two throttles are save and load satestates. And profiler from logitech works pretty good at this. it also only works when the F710 is in D mode.
Can anyone suggest a way to change the name and still maintain the other functionality offered by this setup? I am thinking that I could change the drivers for the F710 in X mode and take control that way, but wouldn't that mean running another piece of software in the background like profiler, I am not totally against this solution, but ultimately i would like one that would work for both at the same time, currently profiler only does a one at a time solution, i leave it set to the f710. Oh, I should note that i did not consider keymapping an option because I assume i would lose the analog control sticks, and throttles.. and I think that would mean that I would have to switch back to a different setup if i wanted to use the controller in steam as a xbox controller (right now i can just flick the switch on the controller). the controllers are also used in xbmc.
Thanks you for your time happy interneting.

(system cpuz attached)

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.