Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Company of Heroes: disc read error

This is a discussion on Company of Heroes: disc read error within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have just recently bought Company of heroes and finished installing it on my computer. However when I attempt

Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have just recently bought Company of heroes and finished installing it on my computer. However when I attempt to play, I will get a message 'Insert Company of Heroes: Game of the year'. I already have the disc inserted, so once I clicked continue, a white message appears telling me it's the wrong disk.

Then I tried installing Opposing fronts which came with my game. However it acts like it's already installed, so I clicked play, with no such luck. I un-installed and then installed Opposing Fronts instead. When I attempted to click play again I got the above message again, asking me for the disk. I tried my other games, and they seem to work fine with no problem.

Thank you for reading.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Ubuntu 12 LTS; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; XP SP3 32-bit; Puppy Linux 3.4.1 32-bit

My System

Hello, welcome to TSF!

Are you certain you're using the right disk? Some games have a play disc and an install disc.

Have you disabled your anti-virus software or created an exception for the game?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey, thank you for responding.

I am quite certain I'm using the right Disc. There are two disk, but one of them is Game of the year version, and the other is opposing fronts. And they don't come with any additional disk, just a single one for each.

I have disabled my anti-virus software on my 2nd attempt but no such luck. I checked Firewall and everything seems A-ok.

I've did a bit of google search and came found someone way back then who seem to have the problem that I currently have.
"wrong disc inserted error" - Company of Heroes - GameSpot Forums

I'm not 100% sure if this is my problem but I'm just now attempting to download a patch and see if that helps. I thought it was only required for online play which I rarely do.