Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Graphics Issue

This is a discussion on Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Graphics Issue within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been playing fine for days and now for some reason the screen turns black randomly. The game is still

Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've been playing fine for days and now for some reason the screen turns black randomly. The game is still going but everything is black. I can still hear everything going on and if I click around on the mini map it goes back to normal until I click back where I was. I just noticed that it starts by my units having black lines trailing their movement then...all black. Like I said, it was running fine for a few days, so I don't think its my specs, but I have win7 x64, 6gb ddr2 ram, 2.6ghz dual core CPU and nvidia geforce 8500gt video card. I've tried a mix of video settings from low to high. This is weird. Has anyone else had this prob? Know of a fix? I've heard that this is a known issue, but I haven't found a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C&Cscreen.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	107021  

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hey Blalack77,

I was Googlign some information on this error and I seem to have found a post made by you on another forum: Solved: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour graphics problem... - PC Help Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blalack77
Well for what its worth, I figured it out. It was the "Heat Effects" setting under advanced video settings. I think I had a "microwave tank" unit that was 'agitating' that setting lol.
If this issue is solved would you mind marking this thread so?

I'm glad you found the solution,

tsujp
tsujp is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Videos Pause Anywhere! Streaming and Playing in Video Player on Computer..Help!!
Videos Pause Anywhere! Internet and on Computer, Streaming and Playing in Video Players..Anywhere!! HELP!!!!:cry: No matter where I play videos they pause or freeze or go very slow..I can hear the audio but the video freezes like when it needs buffereing. Usually in Youtube if it does that...
sushi247 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 03-27-2012 01:55 PM
BSOD issue on new gaming computer.
OS - Windows 7 x64 OEM OS bought from Newegg. Age of System and OS = 2 Weeks... CPU - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Video Card - HIS H797F3G2M Radeon HD 7970 MotherBoard - ASUS M5A97 Power Supply - CORSAIR HX850 850W RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133
TheMiffinKing BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 23 03-24-2012 04:50 PM
mobo and cpu configuration
hello!:smile:i want to ask something....i want to buy an Intel Pentium GX620 cpu and ECS H61H2-M3 mobo.from what i got from the internet,this cpu with an integrated built in graphic is quite good to play agames like nfs run and hot pursuit with a medium settings..i want to overclock this cpu...
rookie junes Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 03-24-2012 07:19 AM
monitor will turning on sometimes and sometimes not
Hey Guys! I've got a compaq on which I played Games! After some time It started acting in this strange way. Sometimes when I put on, the monitor wont turn on and It will eventually turn off after some time. but some other times (could be 2days, or so) when I put it on, it does turn on! I've tried...
lan Dre Other Hardware Support 3 03-23-2012 01:28 PM
dell laptop issue
hi, this dell latitude d410 laptop dosnt want to turn on as such, what i get is windows xp loading normaly then for a split second this comes on the screen and flicks off, CHECKING FILE SYSTEM ON C: THE TYPE OF THE FILE SYSTEM IS NTFS. ONE OF YOUR DISKS NEED TO BE CHECKED FOR CONSISTENCY, YOU MAY...
pitney Laptop Support 20 03-23-2012 01:10 PM