Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

COD4 Multiplayer CTD, nothing fix's

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  godmarin 
#1 ·
i just installed call of duty modern warfare, and singleplayer works just fine, but multiplayer crash's, i have searched for fix's to this issue, but none work, i have tried enabling stereo mix, but i can't find it, i enabled show disabled devices and still no stereo mix, i tried plugging in a headset and that does not work, my vid-card drivers are up-to-date, my realtek HD audio can't get anymore up-to-date, puck buster is installed and up-to-date, and i have installed this game and played it, in the past, so what is going on?

#5 · (Edited)
i am sure that people still play, and if the servers are all down, i would still be able to at least get into multiplayer menu, i believe my issue is of something else.

[Edit} I noticed that punk buster is no longer supporting cod4, maybe i have to re-install the game without installing punk buster, during installation, ill look for videos of people playing cod4 in 2013 and 2014.

[Edit2} yes there are people still playing cod4 multiplayer in 2014, i wish there was a patch that would fix my ctd issue.

#6 ·
ok so, re-installing it, without accepting punk buster, did not fix the issue, i might know what is causing the issue, but i have been thinking about it, and it might not be the issue, 1 year after i gave my copy of cod4 to a friend, i got the craving to play cod4, i could not find it in store and at the time i had no credit card, so i downloaded a pirated version, not too long after, they're private servers went down, i noticed that right after multiplayer crashed to desktop, so i got rid of it, that was about 2 years ago, i ordered a legal copy of the game and got it about 2 days ago, after installing it, multiplayer CTD's happened, so i searched and found nothing worked, now i am thinking that the pieces of the pirated game are still somewhere, causing my abnormal CTD's, but, everything that came with that version was all pre-set up and extractable, no installing required, so everything that came with it, got deleted, so idk if that is the cause now.....omg i hate this, my #1 C.O.D. game is cod4, and i can't play it...QQ

#8 ·
the one i gave to my friend was a legal copy of its own, so the cd-key's are not the same, plus i have a powerful uninstaller program that can scan for all extra files that are used by the games/programs that i uninstall with it, and it did find some left over files, but i got rid of them, so idk if there are any files messing with the game, its probably the "stereo mix" fix that will help me but there is no stereo mix in the recording tab, in sounds, i made sure to check all disabled devices and nothing there, i have my realtek hd audio up-to-date and still no stereo mix option, my pc is really messed up, no amount if wiping or system restoring can help, not even the people at a pc shop could help, they don't know why my pc is telling me i have hdmi plugged in and that it is working, when i only have vga.....like ***, ether i need to send it in to geek squad or get a new one and blow up the only one, anyway, i need to find a stereo mix download so i can enable it and if that does not stop the CTD, then nothing will work, idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.