Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Can't connect to Steam but need to install Skyrim!

This is a discussion on Can't connect to Steam but need to install Skyrim! within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm at uni at the moment and for some reason can't connect to steam using the internet here. I also

Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm at uni at the moment and for some reason can't connect to steam using the internet here. I also recently bought Skyrim from GAME as I thought I would be able to play it offline.

Unfortunately the game is connected with Steam and it won't let me install games in offline mode, there must be a way through this. I have already bought and opened the game so I can't return it, I really just want to be able to play it!

I'm currently looking at proxies but can anyone think of how I could install it without Steam or having to be online?

Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Retired Games Team

My System

Can you not instill it without attaching it to Steam, unless the Steam cloud makes you connect to it to get updates. This could be because there are a few problems with the game and Steam wants to auto patch everything.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Universities have firewalls so Steam can not connect to the internet
you need internet for steam to be able to play Skyrim

!!Please do not PM me about Tech Support!!
RockmasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

Looks like I will have to wait till I can get my PC back home to install it!

Thanks for the replies, it's a shame how reliant games are on the internet even when they are offline..

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System hangs while updating and driver install
I have searched the internet but it's difficult to pinpoint what's going on which makes it hard to search. Here's what I have, hopefully someone has an answer. I did a fresh install of Win7 64 Ultimate. First thing I do is update. After downloading the updates it begins to install the malicious...
Hemi BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-27-2011 08:50 AM
how to install cs 1.6 on steam
Hi, I already have cs 1.6 installed on my pc and i want to know how to use it on steam so that i can connect to local servers... I find steam very confusing and need help!
LeapOfFaith PC Gaming Support 5 03-28-2011 01:19 PM
Can't connect to internet after fresh install.
I just recently got a new SSD, and I fresh installed windows 7 on it. I booted up, noticed that my internet connection would go from the red x to the swirly blue to say it was connecting, but back to the red x. I installed drivers from my MB CD just to get them on there, and I installed the LAN...
Nwebb89 Networking Support 5 03-16-2011 09:33 PM
IE Exlporer wont connect to Internet/Firefox will cant install webcam software...
About a month ago I had a virus that involved this "Whitesmoke" toolbar and had the blue screen of death...after some work a friend helped me get things working again and everything seemed normal. However I just realized that Internet Exlporer wont connect to the internet or detect the settings...
jamesb9898 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 11 02-22-2011 06:00 AM
Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet
My computer won't connect to my network. I goto my list of wireless networks, chose my home network and press connect. Then a prompt comes up and says " Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and...
BBradshaw Laptop Support 1 01-29-2011 02:28 AM