Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

Battlefield 2 "MD5" Setup "Error" (Thorough Help!)

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2 "MD5" Setup "Error" (Thorough Help!) within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. PLEASE RE-OPEN CASE. I exactly did what the steps were to manual install. Even double checked. However, halfway through the

Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Pin

PLEASE RE-OPEN CASE.

I exactly did what the steps were to manual install. Even double checked. However, halfway through the setup process it asks to insert a disc. So I than did that (at first no discs in drive) and it would not read it. I than tried opening Autorun.exe (enstead of setup.exe) but it plainly displays "AUTORUN" ALERT_INSERT_CD1 dialog.

So if this is the case, how did the previous person with this problem get away with it?

I would like to note: You can disable MD5Error check by right-clicking on the Setup Configuration Settings (notepad file) that looks like this:

Quote:
[Startup]
EnableLangDlg=Y
AppName=Battlefield 2(TM)
ProductGUID=04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B
CompanyName=DICE
ErrorReportURL=http://www.installshield.com/isetup/ProErrorCentral.asp?ErrorCode=%d : 0x%x&ErrorInfo=%s
MediaFormat=1
LogMode=1
Resource=_Setup.dll
SmallProgress=Y
SplashTime=5
CheckMD5=Y
CmdLine=
ShowPasswordDialog=N
EngineVersion=10.50.0.125
EngineBinding=1
[Languages]
Default=0x0009
count=12
key0=0x0404
key1=0x0013
key2=0x0009
key3=0x040c
key4=0x0007
key5=0x0010
key6=0x0011
key7=0x0012
key8=0x0015
key9=0x000a
key10=0x001d
key11=0x001e
RequireExactLangMatch=0x0404
Where it says, "CheckMD5=Y" change the 'Y' value to 'N' and the manual setup will not display ANY MD5Error.

I would very much appreciate any help to bypass this required CD issue.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	insert_disc_manualProblem.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	21393  

Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

Note: Disabling the MD5 Check only works if it is associated with an image file.
(CD/DVD's such as BF2 are not Writeable)

Old 01-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Pin

The "Disk Images" Problem:

The 1'st "InstallShield" Problem:

How To Disable "MD5 Check":
Warning: This effectively stops the MD5 Check which is a "Setup Configuration (file)" command to basically check if a file has transferred OK. Performing this step only works if you are trying the "EA solution" Disk Images steps. As you cannot rewrite this command on a Retail BF2 CD.
NOTE: I TRIED THIS AND IT WONT WORK. REFER TO THE FIRST SCREENSHOT ABOVE FOR EXAMPLE!

Quote:
Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

Double-click My Computer.
Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name this folder Disk1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk2 and Disk3 for Disk1. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number. If you have the DVD version you will only need the Disk1 folder.
Insert Disk 1 of Battlefield 2 into your disk drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
Double-click My Computer to open it.
Right-click on your disk drive and choose Open.
When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the disk into the Disk1 folder.
Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 and Disk 3 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder. If you have the DVD version, you will not need to perform this step.
Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL disks from any drives.
Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.
If you receive an error whilst copying the files this means the disk is either damaged or defective. If the disk is clean with no visible scratches/damage, you should exchange your copy for a new one through the store of purchase or our Warranty Department .
OFFICIAL EA LINK TO THIS APPARENTLY DEFECTIVE SOLUTION:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9007&p_created=1119910692&p_sid=TPe7hIUi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzcsNzcmcF9wcm9kcz03LDEzODgsMTAwMyZwX2NhdHM9NTY2JnBfcHY9My4xMDAzJnBfY3Y9MS41NjYmcF9wYWdlPTI*&p_li=&p_topview=1
Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Registered Member

I am still experiencing this MD5Error.
I just bought the game and installed BF2 (Collection pack, so everything is on 1 disk) and then i started to install BF2: SF. I got to about 80% and it says...

"MD5Error: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\Objects_client.zip, Retry?"

I hit retry and the same thing pops up.
I kept hitting retry and the thing advanced down the progression bar, it hits the end and says the same thing every time. >.>

Help please!
-P!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormmarcus View Post
I am still experiencing this MD5Error.
I just bought the game and installed BF2 (Collection pack, so everything is on 1 disk) and then i started to install BF2: SF. I got to about 80% and it says...

"MD5Error: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\Objects_client.zip, Retry?"

I hit retry and the same thing pops up.
I kept hitting retry and the thing advanced down the progression bar, it hits the end and says the same thing every time. >.>

Help please!
-P!
i got the same error for battlefield 2142, anyone??? plz?