Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Word Starter 2010 says "There is No Printer Installed."

This is a discussion on Word Starter 2010 says "There is No Printer Installed." within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Except there is. The computer sees it, every other application on the computer will print EXCEPT Word, and it pops

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Except there is. The computer sees it, every other application on the computer will print EXCEPT Word, and it pops up with the message, "Word cannot print. There is no printer installed."

Yes, printers is on and not set to offline, yes, Windows and all other apps see it, yes I can print test pages.

Only other thing worth noting is that it is a very old printer--a OfficeJet G85xi--and there are no Windows 7 drivers for it on HP's website. They just tell you to use Windows' built-in drivers.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

I'll try this and report back if it resolves the issue.

How to prevent Office 2010 from disabling printers

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSODs After Reformatting Win7
I've been happily running my computer without noticeable problems for over a year now. Since I'm rather anal retentive and have a separate hard drive for my data, I often reformat my OS, last doing so about 6 months ago. Several weeks ago, my computer began glitching on me. The screen and mouse...
cyclotis04 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 55 02-01-2011 03:58 PM
BSOD Please help
Hello, I have a very strange issue, which I cant explain my self and in desperate search for help. My PC BSODs once a week but 2 times in a row, so for example last night it went BSOD around 6pm-7pm then I came home around 9:30pm rebooted (attached is the BSOD picture) went to sleep, the PC...
yozh BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 16 01-31-2011 12:08 AM
Multiple Cold Boot Blue Screens
Hi, I have been trying to fix this problem since I made a completely new build only a few months ago. I'm tearing my hair out. I am getting a series of blue screen crashes just before and after I enter windows on a cold boot. This only occurs when the system has been powered off for an hour or...
Pete5 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 01-22-2011 08:06 PM
Win7 Pro BSoD at random intervals<hours
Hey there. I just got myself a new PC as the old (2004) P4 began cold resetting on me. The new PC is featuring the following hardware: MB: Gigabyte 870A-UD3 CPU: AMD PhenomII 955 4x3,20GHz RAM: 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kingston GFC: ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB PCI-E C:\: 500GB harddisk...
JessGrinsted BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 23 01-13-2011 04:07 AM
Persistent BSOD errors
Hi, My Acer aspire 8735G is repeatedly having BSOD errors. The OS is Windows 7 (x64), and was pre-installed I have only had the machine since June/July I have previously reset to factory settings, but used the function which automatically backed up all files and retained the OS. As for the...
FGZstar BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 01-02-2011 05:48 AM