Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

what is client only rule in outlook

This is a discussion on what is client only rule in outlook within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I created some rules for inbox items but it shows "client only rule" in bracket next to the rules name.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

I created some rules for inbox items but it shows "client only rule" in bracket next to the rules name.

What does that mean?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
Enthusiast

It means that rule is applied only at the client end (your end) and doesn't affect anything at the server end. The 'client' means your email application, which in your case is Outlook.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you. Does that mean the email received is saved in my computer not in server? Can I see the email in web mail?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
outlook rule to move sent items for particular email id to the specified folder
I want to create a rule in microsoft outlook for sent items. Actually, I want to save each email ids in separate folder. How I can do that? I mean suppose I created a rule for emaiid@xyz.com, whenever I send message to this email id, it should be moved to the specified folder.
comonforall Networking Support 3 02-11-2011 12:38 AM
Trouble with outlook and custom software in remoteapp manner
Hi all, This is quite a confusing problem, so I will try and explain as best as possible. The Setup: I am running Microsoft Office 2007 in a terminal services environment (remoteApp) along with some industry specific software. As part of custom software, you are able to email directly from...
greens85 Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server 1 02-09-2011 03:56 AM
Using Outlook 2007 under Office H&Student 2010
Computer Intellistation M Pro external usb drive 500Gb My order for one key Ms Office H&S 2010 on my desk (without OUTLOOK) In the computer under C:\ MS Enterprise 2007 (with OUTLOOK) What procedure would be best to enable the use of OUTLOOK ONLY from the 2007 installation but using all the...
archierex Microsoft Office support 0 02-08-2011 10:47 PM
Outlook 2003 sends test email OK but not email message
Hi, I cannot send outgoing email from Outlook 2003. I am able to receive email with no problems. When trying to send email I get an error stating "sending error received (0x800CCC0F)"The connection to the server was interupted... the server responded 553.5.1 ?? does not exist E2110" I have...
Podling Microsoft Office support 9 01-24-2011 01:28 PM