Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Outlook 2007 Setup Problem

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Rob2007 
#1 ·
Hi, I am experiencing a problem when setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007 to connect with an exchange email account. I have created a new exchange account online and upon opening Outlook I am prompted to create a new user. I have done so, and now it asks me to enter my details, which I have done, but it fails to find my account encrypted or unencrypted and so asks me if I wish to set it up manually. So I have gone into this and found the exact information I need, e.g. the exchange server name and user name. These are 100% right, but yet when I click on the ‘check name’ box it gives me the following message:

‘The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.’ It then lets me go no further. On the Internet fine, and I’ve been trying to fix it for days.

It is not my address because I’ve tried to set up other new users and encountered the same problem with their addresses.

Please help if you can, it's getting quite urgent to fix it. Thanks,

#5 ·
Re: Outlook 2007 Setup Problem

I think you'd need access to the server, are you the admin for this network ?
Any time I've done it I was in the building, on the local network, or else when external was connected by VPN.
If you don't have access to the server, I think you'd need to speak to its admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.