Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

[SOLVED] Outlook 2003 Deleting Messages Automatically

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Outlook 2003 Deleting Messages Automatically within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having an issue with Outlook 2003.. What happens is I click on an email to open it up

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (desktop), Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (laptop), XP SP3 (wife's)

My System

Confused

I am having an issue with Outlook 2003.. What happens is I click on an email to open it up and read it.. After I am done reading it, I hit the "X" in the upper right corner to close out the message, but not delete it.. Well when I do that, the message is completely erased from my computer.. It is not in the inbox, deleted, junk, etc.. I don't know where it is going, if it is even staying on my computer at all.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Sounds like you have a filter on that is only showing UNREAD messages. While in the inbox, click on VIEW>ARRANGE BY>CURRENT VIEW and make sure the unread messages option ISN'T selected.

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?
-Ronald Reagan, 1981 Inaugural Address-
Old 06-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (desktop), Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (laptop), XP SP3 (wife's)

My System

That was it!!!! Thank you so very very very much It was my dad's computer and I was trying to figure it out while being 150 miles away. thank you once again!