Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

[SOLVED] Need a Sharepoint guru

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Need a Sharepoint guru within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to do what should be a very simple task in our Microsoft Sharepoint setup. I want to add

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I'm trying to do what should be a very simple task in our Microsoft Sharepoint setup.

I want to add a custom Send To destination in a document library. In short, I want one document library to give the users the ability to send one of it's documents to a different, specific, one which I have created.

Here's what I did-

1. Created the new destination document library
2. Went to the original library
3. Clicked Settings -> Advanced Settings
4. Under Custom Send To Destination, entered the name of the new library and the URL (I did not copy and paste from the address bar, I copied and pasted from the new library's settings page).
5. Clicked OK.

But it doesn't show up. When I try to look at the Send To command, the new library is not there as an option.

Uh...what? Am I missing something blindingly obvious or does Sharepoint really hate me?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Figured out it's because the list items are pages and not uploaded documents, you can't modify the Send To in Sharepoint if the list items are pages.

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] A Moose in Need of Help
Recently, I've been having problems with Firefox redirecting google searches - normally to some silly getanswersfast website. So I've been starting scans periodically in hopes of ridding my computer of its apparent infestation, but try as they might, MSE and Malwarebytes can't cure it. Also...
MooseMoosington Resolved HJT Threads 49 03-20-2012 04:41 AM
Getting a second graphics card for SLI, need advice on Motherboard/Case
So I currently have GTX 560 graphics card and am buying a second for SLI. I've been looking around for a motherboard with SLI support and AMD Processor support in addition to the space to use the two (double wide) video cards and have come across this. I also want to replace the case with one with...
Malec Video Card Support 9 03-20-2012 04:34 AM
NEED HELP MTX TC6001
So i was parked and my amp blew a fuse, i replaced it and there was nothing when i turned it up the sub made a poping noise and blew the fuse again. So i took it out and took it apart finding this..(See pic). I tried looking up the part and found Reference designators Q400 and Q401. They are...
Exquisite_ Car Audio and Alarms 1 03-19-2012 12:07 PM
Dell Inspiron 1300, need help upgrading
Hey guys, I've just bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 with the intentions of upgrading (my first upgrade project). Now to date I've upgraded the RAM from 1gb to 2gb and upgraded to WIN7 from XP. The laptop is still horribly slow, I'm thinking about upgrading the CPU, at present it has Pentium Celeron...
Deerhunter82 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 03-19-2012 11:19 AM