Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

[SOLVED] MS Office 2010 keeps crashing!

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] MS Office 2010 keeps crashing! within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just bought a copy of MS Office 2010 for my laptop and installed it. I can make a new

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I just bought a copy of MS Office 2010 for my laptop and installed it. I can make a new document and save it just fine, but when I try to open a docx file, it says that it has stopped working. I removed this Bluetooth add-in, and it still does it. Please help!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel)?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Yes. It didn't work. The problem still persists.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support

See if you can start it in safe mode without crashing. If you can, then it's likely some other add-on that's causing the issue. To start in safe mode, hold the CTRL key down when you click the icon and it should ask you if you want to start it in safe mode.

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?
-Ronald Reagan, 1981 Inaugural Address-
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

It does start in safe mode without any problems.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Start Word normally, then go to File|Options|Addins and see what addins are listed under 'Active Application Addins' and 'Document Related Addins'. What addins are listed?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Here is a screenshot of the add-ins window. I saved it as an attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Add-ins scrnsht.png
Views:	1814
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	116096  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

I have an HP Laptop I spent days trying to solve the same thing and finally gave up and installed Ms Word 2003. Access, Excel, Outlook 2010 all work fine so I am anxiously awaiting the answer here myself. I uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled macros, repaired and even tried Office 2007 Word and different versions from Small Business to Professional etc and this only happened on my HP laptop and I could find nothing different from either of my desktops.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Registered Member

My System

I've figured out the problem! So on that add-ins tab I noticed that the Bluetooth thing was still there even though I already disabled in somewhere else. So I clicked on it and disabled it. Thanks for your help macropod!