Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Outlook Express--setting up--isp information

This is a discussion on Outlook Express--setting up--isp information within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, This is my first posting---just registered. I have avoided using Outlook Express even though I have 5 email accounts---a

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

This is my first posting---just registered.

I have avoided using Outlook Express even though I have 5 email accounts---a fear (irrational I suppose) of viruses.

I am now trying to set up OE to collect my emails and don't know what to put in for ISP POP and SMTP. When I am at home my ISP is my cable company, when I am in a hotel or coffee shop the ISP is a wireless service.

How do I set up OE so that it works not just at home but away as well.

I suspect this is dumb question but I am stumped and would love some help---perhaps just point me to an article or tutorial that deal with this issue.

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

I would think it would be wherever the server is that the mail is stored on. At a guess it would be the cable company.
T.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browser setting of ISP & it's server information, for sending Form data by E mail
3-28-2007 Dear friends: 1) Trying to send Form data by E mail from our HTML Editor using URL "mailto:". 2) Internet Explorer program requested several information, regarding the incoming mail server and ISP informations. We provided informations. 3) However we got error message. We...
Dave Sato Internet Explorer Forum 0 03-29-2007 07:17 PM
dwwin.exe dll missing + antivirus cut out
:sigh: Hi, have been sent here from the hijackthis thread as i was having trouble with some spyware. went through a range of processes with tetonbob and got rid of what the scanners had found. however, my computer is still acting up and today whilst i was running my avg spyware scanner again it got...
Agglos Windows XP Support 14 12-21-2006 05:24 PM
errors: dwwin.exe, mshta.exe
i'm getting popup errors for: dwwin.exe, mshta.exe and ad-aware, spybot all in temp/temp internet files/FASVR98H i couldn't run ad-aware at all, i could run spybot, yahoo anti spy and zone alarm.... these are the results: Zone Alarm Win32.YOK.SuperSearch Yahoo! Anti-Spy Guardian Monitor
mm18223125 Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 08-16-2006 10:14 PM
new hijackthis log, please help!
been away for 5 months and the family machine is in a bit of a mess. could you check my log and tell me what needs to be done. thanks shaun Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 19:28:09, on 31/05/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1...
el-picto Resolved HJT Threads 11 06-11-2006 03:14 AM
help plz?
ok i have a few problems..i will post a log.. but one of the problems i have i dontthink it will show in the log... my computer restarts at random.. no warning no nothing just restarts.. some times it restarts and doesnt even get back into windows before it restarst again.. i look in event viewer...
shoota Inactive Malware Help Topics 6 08-27-2004 04:22 PM