Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Outlook doesnt receive from Gmail

This is a discussion on Outlook doesnt receive from Gmail within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have two gmail accounts sent to outlook. my gmail inboxes each have 200 emails but outlook shows none. it

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

i have two gmail accounts sent to outlook. my gmail inboxes each have 200 emails but outlook shows none. it will only download new emails since ive set it to outlook. i want it to download and show all of my emails

Old 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to wchen64572

I think that it might be the way outlook works if your really desperate select all your mail and forward it to the other gmail account and vice versa. I know it sounds stupid but that all that comes to mind good luck

Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

It might be the option in gmail when set up. In gmail select settings and then the Forwarding POP tab. In the POP download section there is an option for all mail (even if it's been downloaded) and one for mail that arrives from now on.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

I think the reason might also be that gmail supports POP3. if you check your gmail messages from home they won't show up on your office machine. gmail doesn't have an option (that I know of) to "leave messages on the server". All gmail messages are downloaded to the local machine checking the email and then deleted off of gmail's servers, thus, not allowing you to check messages on multiple accounts. IMAP could act as a workaround because it supports leaving messages on the server. With IMAP, you can download emails on multiple accounts because all emails are stored on the server until deleted by the user.

Hope this was helpful!