Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Outlook 2007 - Contact Lists Not Showing Up In Emails

This is a discussion on Outlook 2007 - Contact Lists Not Showing Up In Emails within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm having an issue with my outlook contact lists showing up in the "address book" option after having pressed "To..."

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm having an issue with my outlook contact lists showing up in the "address book" option after having pressed "To..." in a new email. The goal I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to send a message to every single person in my address book. The way I've been able to do it on other computers is:

Opening a new message. Clicking the "To..." button. Clicking the "address book" dropdown. Selecting a list. Shift clicking to get the whole list, and clicking "Bcc->"

However inside "address book" there is only the contacts listed under personal contacts, not my other groups/folders. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Image of contact groups/folders

and heres the To... box opened up:

Old 06-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
Enthusiast

The "Select Names" dialog-box (your screenshot above) can be configured to show either "Contacts" or your "Outlook Address Book" by using the drop-down arrow at top right.

Your screenshot shows "Contacts" as the current view. What do you see if you select "Address Book" view instead?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

^Nothing. That view is for searching only.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my little brother put a virus on my computer
all my bookmarks and tabs have been removed from firefox and google chrome , sticky notes are blank :sad: , and all video picture and music files say "locked" can someone point me in the right direction of where to post this question please
mohammadshafi Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 06-06-2012 12:16 PM
Outlook Express not showing body of emails.
Have a bit of a situation that I can't seem to pinpoint a solution to. I have 3 people at my company that are having issues getting an external client to see the body of their emails. The From and Subject are fine. I tried to get them to send it, rich text, plain text, HTML, all failed on...
JCGee Microsoft Office support 1 01-04-2012 08:37 AM
Recover deleted emails Outlook 2007
I`m on Outlook 2007 account pop/smtp-Windows XP-Home Edition. I understand that, to have the "recover deleted items" in the dropdown in Outlook 2007 (tools), i would need to have a Microsoft Exchange account. However, i don`t need a Microsoft Exchange account, but i understand there is a way to...
Julie Frances Microsoft Office support 6 12-08-2011 09:30 PM
many logs; still cannot remove trojans :(
Hello, trying to solve the trojeans I discovered i have, I went through anumber of threads and followed inxs for others in similar position as myself. To no avail, - am still infected. I hate to bother, but if you could check all the logs I have, maybe somebody could advise how to solve the...
dppdee Resolved HJT Threads 69 09-08-2011 09:25 PM
please check my pc virus[moved from Gen Security]
recently i had a virus that attacked my computer called windows defender i took my laptop to the repair shop and they fixed it, unfortunately i fear that they did not remove it completely. when i first turned it on, i noticed they used malwarebytes because it was installed on my desktop and i...
alek1230 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 05-23-2011 09:26 AM