Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2007 and @outlook.com e-mail account

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
I am using Windows 10 and Outlook 2007. I set up a new e-mail account with Outlook.com and then set that account up in my Outlook 2007 software. When I attempt to send/receive my e-mail my @outlook.com account returns the following error: Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80040126) : the operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.

I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help?

#3 ·
I don't know much about such things, however, the fact that the send side of my e-mail works leads me to believe that this is not the problem.

Never in my life have I had so much difficulty getting my e-mail set up. I am seriously considering uninstalling and forgetting about it. All the reviews I've seen spoke so highly of outlook.com and how easy it was to install and use, I no longer believe.

Thanks for you attempt to help.

Mark

#5 ·
As stated in the first place I am not real good with computers, so I am not sure I understand your question. I am guessing you are asking who my internet provider is and happens to be Time Warner Cable. If I'm wrong let me know.

I would like to point out, however, that I did not set up any of the connections. I was told to download and install a program called Quick Connector. When I installed it there was an item added to the top of my Outlook 2007 titled Quick Connector. When I used that option it asked for my name, e-mail login name and password. From there it installed and set up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.