Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Outlook 2003 - Can't add contacts to address book

This is a discussion on Outlook 2003 - Can't add contacts to address book within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am using Outlook 2003 and have a huge list of contacts in my contacts list. I want to send

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am using Outlook 2003 and have a huge list of contacts in my contacts list. I want to send e-mails but cannot add any of these contacts to the address book so to send an e-mail to a contact I have to open the contact in the contact list, right click and click, 'send message to contact'. How do I add contacts to the Global or All Contacts list in the Address Book, because drag and drop doesn't work and this constantly having to send individual e-mails to every person is ridiculous.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

What you need to do is add your contact list as an address book. Click on Contacts, on the left side of the screen toward the top you should see what looks like an address card under "my contacts" and it should say CONTACTS, right click on that, click on OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK tab, and then select SHOW THIS FOLDER AS AN OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK. If it's already like that, then you need to go to your inbox, click on NEW, and then click on the TO button. When the dialog box comes up, look at the drop down at the top of the screen where you "should" see OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK and CONTACTS. Ideally you should see all your contacts when you select CONTACTS. What I typically do is make my CONTACTS folder the default address book for outlook. To do that, click the address book icon on your toolbar, click on TOOLS>OPTIONS and select CONTACTS as the SHOW THIS ADDRESS BOOK FIRST and that should get you where you need to be.

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?
-Ronald Reagan, 1981 Inaugural Address-
Closed Thread