Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Office 2010 problems with mail merge

This is a discussion on Office 2010 problems with mail merge within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently forced to install Office 2010 with its peculiarities [so that Outlook files would work with Windows 7 on new

Old 08-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Recently forced to install Office 2010 with its peculiarities [so that Outlook files would work with Windows 7 on new PC].
I had no problem in March creating a large membership mail merge with Word and excel address file. I saved the merge file at the time [which opens by merging to create all the individual letters].
However, now individual members who have lost their letters are asking for repeat copies [by email]. I attempted this by reopening the merge file, started the mailmerge procedure, opened the excel file, deselected all but the individual, then Merge but this did not produce the right outcome.

Can someone tell me whether there is a correct or ideal procedure to create repeat letters for individuals in the original datafile?

Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
CEM
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to CEM Send a message via Skype™ to CEM

Hi and welcome to TSF ;

I recommend below link might help your issue.

Using Word and Excel to Produce a Form Letter Tutorial from Internet4Classrooms

How to use mail merge to create form letters in Word

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD - Computer was sitting idle...also freezing randomly
BSOD randomly. Freezes using google chrome and while Running World of Warcraft every 10 minutes or so.
travisridgell BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 05-03-2011 06:49 PM
Need Crash Expert Help
Hi, I see a lot of experts here. Guys, I need a read form crash experts Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol...
Zardoc BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 10 04-17-2011 06:12 PM
[SOLVED] BOSD : When left over night on.
OS Windows 7 Enterprise x64 NEW PC Full Version Of school NEW HARDWARE except HDD 1 week old install of OS CPU - AMD X4 840 Video Card - On board MotherBoard - MSI 880gm-e43 Power
ElPaisa BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 04-09-2011 12:27 PM
System Service Exception
A few weeks ago I shelled out and built my own system. Since the installation of Win7 Ultimate (64bit), i've been having some system crashes, namely System_Service_Exception(3b) two times, and once Bad_Pool_Header. I looked at the dumps with windows debugging tools but can't make much of what i'm...
Sazavar BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 03-20-2011 12:14 PM
BSOD Please help
Hello, I have a very strange issue, which I cant explain my self and in desperate search for help. My PC BSODs once a week but 2 times in a row, so for example last night it went BSOD around 6pm-7pm then I came home around 9:30pm rebooted (attached is the BSOD picture) went to sleep, the PC...
yozh BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 16 01-30-2011 11:08 PM