Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

MS Word 2010: Recent files no longer list

This is a discussion on MS Word 2010: Recent files no longer list within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I recently purchased Word 2010. I've used it for about five weeks. Recent files always listed, including files "pinned"

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi. I recently purchased Word 2010. I've used it for about five weeks. Recent files always listed, including files "pinned" to the top of the list.
Now, for some reason, no files list. Places "visited" still list, but not the files.
Is this a MS Word problem? Or is it a Windows XP problem? Whichever it is, how do I fix it?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Timoshenko Aslanides
Canberra, Australia

Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Do you use a utility such as "Ccleaner" to remove junk files and internet history etc?
If so, Ccleaner and others like it can be set up to delete the recently opened files history in common applications like Word and other apps.

Check your settings in Ccleaner or whatever utility you use to clear temporary files.
For example, in Ccleaner you need to untick Microsoft Office.
It is ticked by default so you wouldn't necessarily realise that's the cause.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, for that. I had been fooling around with jv16 Power Tools, a highly-recommended program for speeding up a computer. I didn't realise that changes made to Windows XP could have an effect inside MS Word 2010. All fixed now!
Thanks
Timoshenko Aslanides