Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Microsoft Word (not responding)

This is a discussion on Microsoft Word (not responding) within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've never had a problem with Word until today. Everytime I try to open Word documents, within a minute or

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've never had a problem with Word until today. Everytime I try to open Word documents, within a minute or so, I get the message: "Microsoft Word (not responding)." My Word program locks up and the hour glass is present. Anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be much appreciated.
--
Patrick

Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPatrick View Post
I've never had a problem with Word until today. Everytime I try to open Word documents, within a minute or so, I get the message: "Microsoft Word (not responding)." My Word program locks up and the hour glass is present. Anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be much appreciated.
--
Patrick
Yeah, Word is usually stable so u may have a 3rd party add-in that is causing the problem. Use safemode to start word and turn off all the add-ins, restart, and see if that helps:

Use User-Initiated Safe mode

To start a Microsoft Office program in User-Initiated Safe mode:

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu

Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the name of the Microsoft Office program that you want to run.
In the Command Prompt window

--OR --

At the command prompt, use the /safe option when you start the program.

To stop User-Initiated Safe mode, exit the program, and then start it again normally.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Choppy DVD Playback, possibly due to codec problems
Lately, the dvd playback on my laptop has been very choppy. I believe it may be caused by a codec problem. I tried installing K-lite, but that has not seemed to help so far. I'll paste a list of my codecs that I got from Sherlock. I'm not sure what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated....
scarleteagle3 Windows XP Support 6 01-08-2008 06:40 PM
Help Please...
Im having an issue with my sound card... Anything I view on the web that uses flash player or something like youtube (Any player then wmv's).. No sound plays. Ive lived with it for awhile, and now its getting damn annoying... Ive already tried reinstalling my drivers, but nothing seems to...
DeadPixel Sound Cards 3 01-07-2007 08:02 AM
too many of the same process in my list
I don't really know if this is something to be concerned, but there are too many svchosts.exe running in my computer, and there is are other things running I can't find any info about such as excorp.exe. I'm worried because I've recently had passwords stolen that did some pretty big damage, so...
Chetyre Inactive Malware Help Topics 9 12-20-2006 07:17 PM
Usb 2.0 trouble again
Hi, i have created a similar post to this, however, things on my pc have changed since then. At the moment, my usb 2.0 drives arnt working correctly, i get the generic message saying "ure usb device can run faster etc" i have freshly installed SP2 and my motherboard is an Asus P4S800MX-SE
steviedee Driver Support 25 12-16-2006 11:37 PM
hijack log
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:04:39 AM, on 10/22/2005 Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe...
kotagirl2001 Resolved HJT Threads 36 11-14-2005 08:04 AM