Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

How to remove Error 1706

This is a discussion on How to remove Error 1706 within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Each time I boot up my PC it attempts to install 'Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003' and when I

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

Each time I boot up my PC it attempts to install 'Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003' and when I press cancel it comes up with the following message. The problem is that when I cancel it keeps attempting to install and go through the same process. I have visited the microsoft website and followed their troubleshooting suggestion which didnt work. I would be very grateful if someone could advise me what to do.

Thanks

Johnny

Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\Setup.hlp.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Please let us know if after getting assistance from the security team that this issue does not go away. We will then address it after your system is clean

Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for that and sorry for the delay in replying. I am waiting for my microsoft office cd to arrive and will reinstall.

Johnny