Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Email Could not be delivered

This is a discussion on Email Could not be delivered within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Everyone I have a few people/customers that I cannot send email to yet others I can like: yahoo co

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello Everyone I have a few people/customers that I cannot send email to yet others I can like:
yahoo
co workers and I can receive emails from any one even those whom I cannot send do to the following error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxx.xxxx@xxxxx.xxx
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mail2.xxxxxx.xxx [xxx.xxx.xx.30]: 554-mail2.xxxxxx.xxx
554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

Any (detailed) assistance would be great! And thanks.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Sounds like your IP address or your mail host has been flagged as a spammer. My guess is you can't send to hotmail or perhaps AOL. You can go to http://www.spamhaus.org/ and see if your IP has been tagged or that of your mail host.

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?
-Ronald Reagan, 1981 Inaugural Address-
Closed Thread