Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DELETING MULTIPLE PAGES IN A HUGE MS WORD DOCUMENT ALL AT ONCE

38K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  macropod 
#1 ·
Can anybody help with this? I've been trying to solve the problem for hours.

I created a mail merge today of over 1,000 letters. When the merge was finished I went to email the document and it was too big for my email program to send as one document so I decided to divide it in half.

It took me forever to delete 500 letters. I was doing it page by page. Is there any way to delete multiple pages in a huge Microsoft Word Document?

I created the Mail Merge in Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac.

I thought there might be a way to "Go To" a series of pages and hit DELETE, but no luck. Is there a short cut?

Thank you to anyone who can solve this.

#2 ·
Have you considered re-running the mailmerge and only processing as many records at a time as can be attached to an email?

Other than that, you could cut & paste a multi-page range into a new document. Simply use F5 (goto) to go to the last page you want to cut, position the cursor after the last character to be cut, press Ctrl-Shift-Home to take you back to the start of the document, then Ctrl-X to cut. Open you new document and use Ctrl-Y to paste. Done.

#4 ·
A variation on the same theme is to make multiple copies of the document, then simply delete a different portion from each, so that you end up with however many documents you need to reflect the original. No cutting/pasting per se is needed with this approach. For example: in one document you might delete the last two-thirds; in another, you might delete the first & last thirds; and, in a third document you might delete the first two-thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.