Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Deleted Messages Reappear - Outlook 2007

This is a discussion on Deleted Messages Reappear - Outlook 2007 within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, Thank you in advance for the help. Forgive me as I am far from the IT experts that

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for the help. Forgive me as I am far from the IT experts that you all are.

I recently had a problem where my Outlook account continually asked me to continue to provide my network login/password. I took my cpu to my IT friend who fixed this problem, but now I have another one, albeit far less of a problem.

I believe that he created a new e-mail profile for me (IMAP) but left my old e-mail accounts, so I have another IMAP and a Pop3. At least that is what I believe. Could be wrong.

Anyway, I went through and deleted all of the e-mails that I received over the couple of days my Outlook was down. When I clicked send/receive later, some new messages came in, but so did all of the old messages that I deleted as well.

Any ideas? Please let me know what other information I can provide to help.

Thank you again.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

That would happen the first time after such a reinstallation.
So long as it doesn't continue, you just need to delete again all the duplicates.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Clyde,

Thank you for the prompt response. I deleted all of the messages again and during an auto send/receive conducted about 10 minutes later, all of the messages again reappeared.

Any thoughts on how to alleviate this issue?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google Redirecting Virus (reposting after 2 weeks)
So when i ever i click on a link from a google search i am redirected to a new website. I haven't recently downloaded anything that i think maybe the cause. My computer is just an old hp running xp with 768mb ram. The problem happens in all browsers but the ones i use most are Firefox and...
blackbrawler Inactive Malware Help Topics 23 03-20-2011 07:12 PM
Win32-type Malware will not go away once deleted.
I've read the instructions post, please let me know if I missed anything. A basic summary of my situation; all of a sudden, turning on my computer became a crapshoot. 3 out of 4 times, I will be stuck at the Windows 'welcome' screen for several minutes, then it will go to the desktop but no...
grub20 Resolved HJT Threads 11 01-26-2011 06:25 PM
Microsoft Outlook 2000 - 2 Error Messages
Hi Fellow Techies, I have two brand new computers running Windows 7 Home. I have installed Microsoft Office Small Business 2000 on both with Outlook 2000. I have brought over from the two old computers, all .pst accounts. I have two sceranios going on... 1st computer -When Outlook is opened,...
TechConsultant Microsoft Office support 1 01-14-2011 11:46 AM
"Antivirus Scan"
Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows XP. I recently got two viruses, the Anti malware doctor and antivirus scan. I was able to get rid of the anti malware doctor, but not the antivirus scan. When I turn on my computer, a fake program comes up saying that my computer is infected and...
willc38 Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-11-2011 11:11 AM
Windows 7 + Outlook 2007 Recover deleted items
I've been searching for an answer for this for hours and have not been able to find one. At the company that I work for I have the ability to give myself access to user's mailboxes and can then recover deleted items from the retention for them. I am able to do this fine on a Windows XP PC with...
pcemail.support Microsoft Office support 1 01-06-2011 03:22 PM